This Page

has been moved to new address

Customer Service

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: Customer Service

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Customer Service

Hi Folks

Its another Sunday at work for me. Very quiet and lone working again, which unfortunately ties me pretty much to the office for 12 hours.

I have an interesting experience yesterday. I decided to go visit a music shop to get some bits and pieces and on the way there, passed through our district out of town shopping centre "Westwood Cross" (aptly named coz it makes me "cross" everytime I have to pass through there with the traffic jams and all). Westwood Cross

There is a new PC World just opened, so I thought I'd stop off and take a look having guessed it had opened very recently. So I parked up and went in, was greeted very pleasantly and asked (without "pushyness" if I needed any help. I asked the guys there about networking my PC's at home (which I've still not been able to do). He kindly wrote down the instructions for me and was very polite. Just goes to prove that Customer service is not dead. However, the store had opened for the 1st time just 5 mins before I entered so all the staff were fully trained and enthusiastic. I wonder how long it will last though.

Bit of irony... got home and tried the instructions and STILL couldn't get the networking to work.

Todays scribbing.....

My first experience of drinking

When I was about 10 years old, I went to the pictures with my girlfriend one Saturday. The film we went to see was “Song of the South”. We only saw the beginning of the film up until the first bit of animation. All of a sudden the film stopped and the lights came up. This was the early to mid seventies when the “Troubles” in Northern Ireland were at their height. Bombs had been going off in London. A man came to the front of the cinema and told us that we had to leave because there was a bomb scare. Needless to say, myself and the girl legged it out of the place. I can’t remember what we did for the rest of the day, but when I got home I was hungry and thirsty. I was pleased to see my brother home on leave from the RAF. He had been out to Cyprus that year during the Greek Cypriot conflict and I was really pleased to see him. I walked in the lounge to see him sitting on the settee drinking pepsi. I asked him if I could have a sip from his glass and he refused. I pleaded because I was really thirsty. In the end, he said yes, but only a very small drop. I took the glass and drank the lot. Chris began to laugh at me, even more so when I asked for more. “Didn’t it taste funny?” he asked. Well, to me it tasted fine. A short while later I laughed with him for no particular reason, especially when he asked me to walk in a straight line (which I could not do). It turned out that he was drinking pepsi liberally laced with Cyprus brandy and I got decidedly drunk. Mum was not too pleased and told my brother off. I didn’t know I was drunk. I do remember waking up in bed an hour or so later and being sick in the toilet though! So… that was my first experience of getting drunk.

Comments

(5 total)

Marty, give it another week and the service at that store will be the same as at any of their other stores....non-existent!!! lol.
Ahh....the memories of getting drunk for the first time. For some reaon (don't know why), your story reminded me of a tale the late great scientist Carl Sagan once related of his encounter with a drunk. It wasat the time a bright comet was passing through the night skies. "hey, you're that 'shtrominer guy......Carl Shaygun!! wanna ashk you a quesshtion" say the drunk. "Sure" says Carl "what is it?"
"Well, i wanna know...washa comet?"
Trying to put in in layman's terms, Carl replies "It's basically a gigantic dirty snowball"
The drunk looks Sagan up and down and says "I'm going to ask a real 'shtrominer!!"

Sunday 10 September 2006 - 05:03PM (BST)



How funny Marty....spooky or what? I too had to be evacuated from a store in the 70's due to a bomb scare from the IRA, Marks and Spncer's in Bridge Street, Peterborough, and my father was in the army and in Cyprus just as the conflict broke out!
The vid is quite something, I never get to see vids of songs, no music channels on the Tv here and don;t have time to search on the net, one PC and two internet nuts, not a good equation some days! But makes the song all the more poignant...

Sunday 10 September 2006 - 06:06PM (BST)


Nice story Marty matey and I dont mind Oasis at all, whats the story morning glory is a cracking album. A lot of years ago, long before my ex I went out with the cousin of a female friend, her cousin was visiting from northern Ireland, anyways we were walking down the street one day and a car backfired, she just vanished but when I looked down she had dropped flat on the floor thinking a bomb had gone off.

Sunday 10 September 2006 - 06:21PM (BST)


Good to see that cutomer service is still alive and well! I always tried to have a smile on my face when I was working.

Sunday 10 September 2006 - 10:29PM (EEST)


LMBO!!! Okay, 2 things!!! First off, you was out on a date at 10???? Damn!!!! Let my one of my boys ask if they can take a gir to a movie at 10! LOL!
2ndly! LOL! Curious as to how old your brother was! I bet he had a good laugh! LOL!

Sunday 10 September 2006 - 04:21PM (CDT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home