This Page

has been moved to new address

Domestic Power

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: Domestic Power

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Friday, October 26, 2007

Domestic Power


I've got one of those "No callers please" stickers by my front door to warn doorstep sellers away. I guess that today, I'd forgotten about it when my missus asked to go talk to the guy with the clipboard on my doorstep.
I got duped into changing supplier for electric about 3 years ago to EDF energy (the French company that brought out our local supplier, SEEBOARD. I wasn't even with Seeboard at the time, but fell for some line about it being a generic change over of owners of the hardware. The guy today, from N POWER tried the same sort of trick.
"We need to upgrade your key meter to the new red one that will reduce your charges" was the line. When he also started asking me about the date I pay for my gas, I smelled a rat. The guy was going for the"Bullshit baffles brains" approach and he was certainly baffling me to the point where I almost fell for it.

I'm not adverse to changing suppliers to save money on domestic bills, but I prefer to do this at my own pace and in a time that suits me when I feel comfortable and focused on the task in hand. These door to door salesmen are taught to ignore any "no callers" signs. I know, I've been there and done that. I wonder how many other folk out there fell for it. I wished I'd remembered what was on the front door and told the guy to get lost. As it was, I said I'd think about it in my own time. I suspect he realized he was wasting his time and then left. Mind you, just coz the guy was dressed in a red boiler suit and carrying a clipboard, doesn't prove he was genuine. It has me wondering if this is a scam.

-----ooooo00000ooooo-----

I had a touch of man flu in the last couple of days, so I've come to work tonight and stepped out of my comfort zone. I cooked up a mega hot curry with the assistance of my pal Dave. Cooking is something I really have no confidence in at all, but I want to change that. Chicken, home grown chilli peppers from my garden, garlic, onion, tomato chunks and various curry powders from Dave's magic box mixed did the trick. Superb!

Are you hungry now folks? LOL

Laters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home