This Page

has been moved to new address

An opportunity for promotion

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: An opportunity for promotion

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

An opportunity for promotion

The assistant manager where I'm working is leaving soon, so there has been an advert for a replacement that has gone round internally. It's funny thing really for me. I've been in a quandary about it. After all the stress I took on a few years ago in previous jobs, I make it a standard joke now that I state I'm semi-retired. All the same, I've asked for an application pack. I just haven't got round to filling it out yet and I'm still not sure I want to. My initial thoughts were "Doesn't matter really what happens, there's no obligation to accept an appointment". Truth is, I don't think I'll get it anyway, but then I do have management experience. Who knows? I think I'm just a bit anxious about the prospect of taking on the responsibility for what is really, not a lot more money. I think I'm going to have to ponder all this some more over the coming week before I make a decision. There's still a twinkle of ambition that exists within me and I kinda don't wanna go there, if you know what I mean.

Well I'm still writing this at both Y360 and Multiply. With all the errors at Y360, its a bit like thrashing an old car. It coughs and splutters, smoke coming out the exhaust, overheating having not been serviced or looked after for a long while. Somehow, there is something dubiously satisfying about thrashing an old car, if you get the analogy. In the mean time, I'm waiting around to see what the shiny new model will be like. being typically impatient, I want to see what its like NOW! LOL
Mind you, I do suspect other people are getting more errors and problems than I have ever had and that goes for both blogging sites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home