This Page

has been moved to new address

Family reflections

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: Family reflections

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Family reflections

I've spent some time recently reflecting upon my life and where I fit (or not) within my extended family. It's been quite a revelation and I've come to realise what a profound impact it has had upon me and how I behave and react in general to those around me both in my social life and my professional life. Doing the work I do requires (mandated or not) some element of personal therapy. Working with people on an emotional level can be very challenging indeed, and not in ways I'd expected. It's an ongoing journey I'm taking at the moment and I'm feeling stronger daily as a result. Being the youngest in my family, I'm coming to terms with the loneliness I've felt in that position. The frustration and anger are now apparent and certainly make more sense.
I feel so pleased to see a comment from an old blogging friend on my blog from yesterday. I love to see feedback. It's an encouragement to write more.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Here I am again, like a bad penny. I know what you mean about comments. They make such a difference when you are blogging. I realize more and more now what a special thing we had on 360.

    We must find some way to recreate it.

    I know what you mean about family of origin related issues. I was at a wedding in October where I met up again with my cousins who are now scattered across the globe. So funny to see how after 48 hours together, we regressed to being 12 and 14 year olds again.

    They dynamics were very illuminating. I too am one of the youngest. I have 31 first cousins so it is a big family.

    I have always enjoyed the fact that you wrote reflectively Marty. Keep it up.

    By Blogger Brenny, at Wed Jan 13, 05:27:00 PM GMT  

  • Good to hear from you again Brenny. Perhaps we could drag in a few more 360'ers here. See how it goes.

    By Blogger Marty BoneIdol, at Wed Jan 13, 10:46:00 PM GMT  

  • I read your comment on my daughter's blog and thought I would have a look at yours! I too am the youngest in the family, by several years, so know how you feel. I love Dan Brown books although the Da vinci code was my least favourite, I just didn't like the idea behind it, they are certainly very gripping, you've reminded me to look out for the latest one.

    By Blogger Jane, at Thu Jan 14, 07:40:00 AM GMT  

  • Thank you for responding Jane. Seeing your comments is a bit like when I started with Yahoo 360 blogging. I sense there is a chance to build an online community that Brenny and I experienced not long ago. Take care and be blessed.

    Marty xx

    By Blogger Marty BoneIdol, at Fri Jan 15, 11:41:00 PM GMT  

Post a Comment



<< Home