This Page

has been moved to new address

Capture the moment

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: Capture the moment

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Capture the moment

Lake Waihola_006_Photoshop 010111
We face so many challenges in life. This happens for some more than others. If you are anything like I have been in the past, it involves far too much time wishing for better times, remembering better times and realising it had passed all to quickly. 

It may be a moment when you make a life changing decision.

It may be a time when something amazing happens in your life. 

To get the full benefit of those times, stop for just a few minutes and resolve to capture every aspect of what is happening. Seal the feelings, thoughts, sights and sounds deep into your memory. If you have ever practised visualisation techniques you'll understand how important it is to capture the moment. 

We have the ability to indelibly seal memories. Unfortunately, this happens far too easily if we experience something traumatic. This is what we understand as post traumatic stress disorder. I wonder if it is possible we can allow the same technique to apply for much happier experiences. Perhaps this could be called post positive experience recall. I've tried a little research on this and could not find anything significant to refer to. 


Choosing to capture the moment when everything is going positively has worked well for me in the last year or so. There must be something in it!

Now for some amazing brass playing and comedy from Mnozil Brass. A group I have admired for a while now. Fantastic live!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

  • Capturing the moment? That's an interesting idea.

    At first, I thought this would mean trying to stop the time, and cling to the moment, but I don't thing this is what you mean.

    Rather, you make a point of experiencing the moment fully.

    I have some memories from my childhood, from places I've been to, and I can relive them whenever I want. I don't need to go to those places again. Probably, they'd look different now.

    Keeping my memories of them is good enough.

    By Anonymous HowToLiveHappily, at Tue Feb 08, 09:59:00 PM GMT  

  • @ HowToLiveHappily
    Thanks for your comment. Capturing the moment is something I encouraged somebody to do recently and it appears to have had a profound effect upon them. I guess that is what inspired me to write this blog.

    By Blogger Marty BoneIdol, at Tue Feb 08, 10:04:00 PM GMT  

  • Love the idea of capturing the crescendos, defining and most amazing moments. And when we reflect over these times, we bring back the experiences that we've enjoyed so tremendously! Love it!

    By Anonymous Evelyn Lim, at Wed Feb 09, 02:38:00 AM GMT  

  • that's a food for thought. i do capture moments but in a different light.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Feb 09, 03:32:00 PM GMT  

  • @ Evelyn.
    Thanks for the great feedback. I really believe it works.

    By Blogger Marty BoneIdol, at Wed Feb 09, 07:00:00 PM GMT  

  • @ Noir. I'm intrigued. In what way do you Capture that is different?

    By Blogger Marty BoneIdol, at Wed Feb 09, 07:01:00 PM GMT  

Post a Comment



<< Home