This Page

has been moved to new address

short stories, band and spiritual feelings

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: short stories, band and spiritual feelings

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Saturday, September 23, 2006

short stories, band and spiritual feelings

Hi Folks,

Its really intrigued me to read quite a few short stories here of late. I've found this inspirational and its certainly sparked off my mind to write some more. I've spent this morning writing another story myself. As with all my writing, much of it is closely linked to personal experience. To try to be creative in other ways just doesn't work for me.
I've got to thinking about how I have managed to write these stories.
First of all, I write about a particular experience I have had in detail. I then find I'll embelish the story in some shape or form. Some of this may be to be to do with hopes and dreams of what might be in the future or simply what might have been in the past. Using different names or different locations may come into it. In every case, the feelings involved are genuine. I guess sometimes its a case of "topping and tailing" the story.

All this of course is about the fictional stuff, (although its not quite fiction in what I've written so far, more "fact-ion"). Its different to what I call my scribbles, which are explicitly factual anicdotes.

Today, I intended to go play with the band in Aylesham for their carnival day. I guess I didn't get round to that in the end. Maybe this is because I feel I need some more experience with the slide trombone. My confidence with this is not high enough yet. Its a mixed feeling of wanting to go and not wanting to go.

My spiritual life feels much more back on track recently. I've had a feeling a peace in the last few days and my energy and motivation for work is slowly returning, as made obvious in my last blog. I've also found that I have slept much more soundly as well. Its weird, yesterday, my daytime sleep (after night shift) involved a dream about meeting some of you folk from 360. I explicitly remember meeting Brenny and enjoying good conversation with him. Something is happening recently with my spritual life that feeling really exciting. I'm getting explicit answers to prayer that are far more than just co-incidences. I listened again to the video I put up of "Destination Docklands". It speaks to me of the awesomeness of God. It generates amazing colours in my mind and speaks of hope for the future. If you have not heard, go listen again. What images and feeling does it create for you? What images and feeling does music you like create for you? I'd love to know your answers here.

Now, I'm wondering when to post the short story I've written this morning. Shall I do it today in another blog, or maybe keep it for another time?

Comments

(6 total)

Its really good to hear you feeling and sounding more yourself Marty matey, but I'm just wondering, you wrote this before the end of the Liverpool v Spurs game wasnt it, hope this hasnt affected your mood too much matey lol.

Saturday 23 September 2006 - 03:28PM (BST)


Marty, glad you're feeling more like your old self. You have confirmed something in this blog I had been wondering about. It felt like the writings you have done that were meant to be fictional actually felt like the telling of real events. I wasn't sure if it was a case of using real experience as a starting point or whether it was just your natural story-telling style. Thanks for clearing that up.
As for music, well that is a very wide-ranging question and I'm sure each person will answer it in a different way. Personally I tend towards instrumental music a lot of the time, be it classical, or modern electronic like Jarre. Songs are ok, but the words tend to focus you in the direction that the writer and/or singer want to take you. That's not the case with instrumental music. For me it depends on the mood I am in and what has caused the mood. I can listen to a piece of music on one day and feel a particular feeling or emotion, I'll listen to the same piece another day and get a totally different feeling or emotion. It's very subjective.

Saturday 23 September 2006 - 04:45PM (BST)


"My spiritual life feels much more back on track recently"- then the rest is falling on track too! and that's good news!
good to hear this Marty!

Saturday 23 September 2006 - 09:52PM (IST)


Marty I'm so glad to hear you are feeling back to much your normal self...I did read your last blog but don't think I left a comment, I can't remember so I'm sorry if I didn't.
I love the way you write Marty, the way you put your feelings into words and make your personal experiences come to life for all who read.
Marty, I loved the Jean-Michel Jarre vid on your last post, his music is just awesome and I can totally lose myself in it, I feel very much the same that it speaks to me of hope (and excitement) for the future.
Todays vid wasn't really my thing, lthough one can feel the anticipation in the music as if it is building up to something... creating suspense and intrigue (guess I enjoyed it more than I first realised!!). Big hugs to you dear Marty and thank you to you for all your recent words with me...I feel life is beginning to make a little more sense to me already. xx

Saturday 23 September 2006 - 05:39PM (BST)


Hi Marty I like the way your share you feelings so plainly in your blog.

Well about the music. I agree with Mitch somewhat, I like instrumental music, well classical and latin music, and especially piano music. Its great when it paints real pictures in your head. I also like opera. Its incredible when a human voice has the qualities of a musical instrument. I like music with lyrics when the lyrics don't use superlatives. Like jarvis cocker's writing. He talks about things that have happened or tend to happen and doesn't colour them up too much with descriptions... Your mind fills them in. Also because in many songs his voice forms the bass track of the music, if you will, the keyboard and guitars still give you a kind of instrumental thrill.

Saturday 23 September 2006 - 07:13PM (BST)


Marty, heck.. what can I say.. You are just one heck of a guy! It is great to read one person who is so geniune and sincere.. I love how you share your life with us.. Please don't ever change... :) Your a wonderful man... :) I am so glad that you are feeling more peace as well! Hugsss to you and yours always!

Saturday 23 September 2006 - 08:04PM (CD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home