This Page

has been moved to new address

Retail therapy

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: Retail therapy

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Retail therapy

Hi folks,

Hope you enjoyed the Colonel again yesterday. I love playing around with movie maker and making use of wav sounds and the like. Can't do too much of the Colonel voice coz it makes my throat a bit sore LOL.

I had another little glitch on the mood front late last night. Everything was fine, and then it was like I got hit by a bus. Anxiety attack and depressive episode. Still, I'm feeling a bit better now. I decided to go out for a bit of retail therapy this morning and buy myself a new mobile phone. My old one has just about had it now after nearly 2 years use. So now I have an up to date "Vade Mecum" that has loads of functionality to record quality video and photo's, play mp3's, play games, surf the net, remind myself of appointments, alarm clock, calculator, record sounds and voice messages........ohhhhh and rumour has it, I believe I can make phone calls with it too. LOL
Here's todays scribbling.......

An experience my brother Chris told me about.

Years ago back in the 70’s my brother was in Scotland visiting his girlfriend. He was travelling by train late at night. It was winter time and pretty cold, especially being Scotland. The train stopped at a station and he heard a platform attendant calling out “In for cleaning” . Chris, I think had been dozing and thought that perhaps he needed to change at this station. So, he told all the other passengers in his carriage that they should get off the train for it to be cleaned. This they did and went to the waiting room. The train pulled out, but there was not other train. The station announcer had actually said Inverkeithing – the name of the station, a little town in the Dunfermline area. Needless to say all the other folk that got off the train were not very happy. The all spent the rest of the night crowded round a little heater in the waiting room of the station.

My video share today is Paul McCartney & Wings "Live and Let Die" This was the first bond movie I ever saw. I went to see it with my childhood friend Paul, whose father invited me. aul and I used to play the record to this track all the time. Hmmm.... Its time I wrote some more about Paul. I have some endearing memories of those childhood days back in the early 70's.

Comments

(12 total)

I don't know Jack! Hehehehe Silent movie goes well with the song.

Saturday 16 September 2006 - 08:31AM (CDT)


I love hearing your stories of days gone by...so very funny, no wonder you can recall them so well! Hope you're OK though, you do worry me! Take Care XX

Saturday 16 September 2006 - 02:49PM (BST)


It's a wierd place to be isn't it when these episodes just seem to pop up from nowhere? I know where your coming from somewhat right now, but I hope for you the time will come soon when you realise just exactly what is going on (as i do for myself too of course..lol!).
Glad you're feeling a little better today and the retail therapy helped!! And fancy having a mobile phone and actualy being able to make phone calls on it!! wonder if mine has that feature!! lol.
Loved the scribbling....bet your brother felt a little foolish for his misunderstanding...bless him...not to mention cold sat in that waiting room! ;o)
Loved the video clip it's an awesome song and the the accompanying vid!
Take care Marty and you know where i am if you need someone to chat to. My love to you. big hugs.xx

Saturday 16 September 2006 - 03:47PM (BST)


Sorry to hear about your anxiety episode Marty matey, I know they arnt much fun are they (I think it was that chocolate brown kit that did it), hope you feel better as today goes on. Your new phone looks just like mine except yours is a touch rounder at the top, I have a Samsung D500. Hope your feeling much better anyway mate.

Saturday 16 September 2006 - 03:50PM (BST)


Oh by the way enjoyed the story.

Saturday 16 September 2006 - 03:50PM (BST)


Hi Marty. Yoy can't beat going out and buying electrical or electronic gadgets to cheer yourself up. Works for me. Well, it would if I had any money to buy 'em with!!! lol.
The "in for cleaning" story was a classic. Loved it.
But hang on.....I've seen Live And Let Die more than once and there were definately no WW1 planes in it!!

Saturday 16 September 2006 - 05:03PM (BST)


Hi Marty! Glad you are feeling better today! Nothing like a little retail therapy!! That little sucker has everything on it! Are you sure you can even make calls? Loved the scribbling! That is way too funny. Great video! Love the music from the 70's. Take Care and have a fabulous weekend! Big Hugs!

Saturday 16 September 2006 - 12:17PM (MDT)


Could imagine the icy atmosphere of that railway waiting room.
Unfortunately this computer has no sound so I can only view the video, at home I can't even do that my compuer is too slow but a new one isn't on the horizon just yet, and it still works fine.

Retail therapy certainly works doesn't it, at least for a little while.

Saturday 16 September 2006 - 11:20AM (PDT)


Marty I'm struck by the lyrics of this song and the video and the subject of Paul.

When you were young
and your heart was an open book
You used to say live and let live
you know you did
you know you did
you know you did
But if this ever changin' world
in which we live in
Makes you give in and cry
Say live and let die
Live and let die


What does it matter to ya
When ya got a job to do
Ya got to do it well
You got to give the other fella hell


You used to say live and let live
you know you did
you know you did
you know you did
But if this ever changin' world
in which we live in
Makes you give in and cry
Say live and let die
Live and let die

Perhaps those words might mean something when you consider your grief, expressed and unexpressed. And I could also be talking out of my ass....

hugs

steph

Saturday 16 September 2006 - 07:21PM (BST)


I enjoyed you Blog? The video was great. You have a art. You make you blog different. Very good. Your anxiely relax and great some rest. You must be worred about something. Take care xx

Saturday 16 September 2006 - 05:17PM (ADT)


MARTY, MATE, GLAD TO SEE YOU IN TOUCH WITH YOUR FEMININE SIDE, SHOPPING THERAPY....... JUST DONT START WEARING DRESSES....PEOPLE NOTICE THAT SORT OF THING....LOL....IS IT A GOOD PHONE? WAS IT JUST RUMOUR, OR DID YOU FIND THE WAY TO MAKE CALLS ON IT?????

Saturday 16 September 2006 - 02:38PM (PDT)


Wow, I'm surprised they even let him by the heater.

Tuesday 19 September 2006 - 03:42PM (CDT)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home