This Page

has been moved to new address

Smiling on!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: Smiling on!

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Smiling on!

Hiya all,
I started a blog 'bout 4 hours ago, but had windows update on the go and accidentally hit restart options, so lost it all click here

Now I'm laughing!

As some of you know, I've been struggling a bit just these last few days and been a touch stressed. I'm not very good at pretending, but don't want to be negative. I battling with 1 or 2 demons tied up with work right now so, for those of you that can pray and do, I'd appreciate a prayer or too for me. I'm getting more than a few spiritual messages from our maker about my work and the need to move on. Its just a case of knowing what and when that will be.





I've been to the brass band tonight and enjoyed that, so its cheered me a little. I'm not looking forward to work too much tomorrow, but once through it, I'm off till Monday. Maybe the old Colonel will make an appearance by the weekend. For those who don't know click here
Here's another scribbling... running short of these and need to write some more soon as I'm nearly out.....

Seeing too deeply into a simple piece of information. (3rd September 2006)

I’ve written loads about how words, meanings, environment and feelings can be mis-interpreted. Having got into work this morning and chatting with my colleague Tony who was handing over to me from his night shift, we had some long and in depth discussion about relationships between our clients, staff and friends in general. In fact last night, we were discussing church again (as we frequently do) and how that plays a part in our lives. Tony, as I have stated before is a man of great faith, so discussions of a spiritual nature occur quite frequently. So…. Tony and I were talking about relationships and Tony suddenly said “Luke, 10c, nine thirty”. I thought to myself “I wonder what Luke (biblical) had to say in this particular passage”. Then I suddenly realised what a complete doughnut I had been. Tony was telling me that Luke in flat 10c wanted a wake up call at 9:30 am. Talk about getting too super spiritual at times!


My video share tonight is something I loved from my childhood. Its funny and (for me) a bit sad too coz I didn't want Ernie to lose out. Its only when I became an adult that I "got" the double ententres in this. Its still safe for kids and lightens my heart to this day. I guess the slight sadness in this reflects my current mood.... still in touch with my fun side, but tearful too.



Comments

(11 total)

Wow, Marty, where did u dig up this old gem from?? It really took me back to youthful happy times. Benny, huh? Such a controversal figure. You either loved him or hated him, no middle ground. Yeah, ok, he was sexist, but then a lot of people were back then. I think he just had a great sense of fun.
The "complete doughnut" moment made me laugh. Nice one, Marty.
Being an atheist,I don't do prayers, but you have my support as a friend. Take care and keep smiling, mate.

Thursday 14 September 2006 - 12:20AM (BST)


I loved It all Much love???

Wednesday 13 September 2006 - 09:08PM (ADT)


I do pray every now and then even though I'm not sure what I believe is out there... i only pray when I feel it is truely needed and this would be one of them times my dear friend...I will pray for you and hope that you are shown a sign soon to help you on your path.

I'm glad your being as positive as you can...keep laughing at the small stuff Marty cos it don't matter...and that being said, remember this....it's ALL small stuff! ((Big hugs))

lmao at the being a complete doughnut!! I often have these type moments and have a damn good laugh at myself when I do!!

Loved the vid... I think Benny is brill and poor old ernie...he drove the fastest milk cart in the west!!

Keep yer chin up and keep smiling (but don't forget to be sad when needed...let it out its ok). All my love to you, big hugs.xx

Thursday 14 September 2006 - 01:09AM (BST)


Hi Marty!! I have done that before and it really makes you want to scream. It is usually after you have got it about done and then have to start over.
keep your chin up and keep smiling!! Things will look up! I just know it!! Get yourself some rest and maybe the old Colonel will be back to himself by the weekend! Take Care My Dear!! Big Hugs!!

Wednesday 13 September 2006 - 06:50PM (MDT)


You have my prayers and my thoughts! Hugs!!!

Wednesday 13 September 2006 - 07:51PM (CDT)


Funny how we sometimes look too hard to find an answer, only to find out the answer was something right under our noses...lol And Benny Hill was one of the best!!! Poor old Ernie, he drives the fastest milk cart in the west....lol

Wednesday 13 September 2006 - 11:53PM (EDT)


I'm not old enough to remember Ernie! I daren't play the video because the computer keeps stopping every time I try to do something so I might have a look another time when it's fixed!
How do you manage to stay positive all the time? I try to wake up in a positive mood but I never stay that way!

Thursday 14 September 2006 - 07:48AM (BST)


OMG Ernie, havent seen him in years absolute classic, do you think he was the fore runner to M & M, he seems to be a very early rapper to me and white of course. I tend to misunderstand things said to me sometimes, I'm told its because I over analyse everything, I do analyse things to death, things said, things on telly, funny looks off the postman ! Sounds like your mind is made up about moving on, anyway I'm not a prayer, as such, but you have my thoughts and hopes Marty matey.

Thursday 14 September 2006 - 09:26AM (BST)


The wonderful Benny Hill, a really funny one Marty, he and Ernie had a lot in common eh? And I guess I'm noticing that in the last few days much of the blogging has been about sad\serious so I do appreciate a bit of silly humour now.
take care, keep your head on your shoulders..love and hugs
steph

Thursday 14 September 2006 - 10:08AM (BST)


That is the one thing I hate about updating things! (I guess that's why my husband never updated anything when I was gone!)

Thursday 14 September 2006 - 02:11PM (EEST)


Sounds like things are a bit better now but I'll have a few thoughts for you and the demons you've been battling anyway.

Thursday 14 September 2006 - 03:16PM (CDT)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home