This Page

has been moved to new address

5th August 2006

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: 5th August 2006

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Saturday, October 06, 2007

5th August 2006

Feeling full of emotion tonight
331 magnify
Its weird, but somewhat familiar.
I've felt pretty emotional today. It might just be because I'm tired. On TV I watched a prog with the family about 100 fav. movie tunes. There was a lot of stuff that I enjoyed on that including West Side Story and Sound of Music. Proves I'm still a bit of an old softy.
Later on I watched a programme on Mario Lanza. I confess to being a bit of a fan. Some of the famous tenor arias really speak to me and Puccini is one of my fav. classical composers. (I'm also a fan of Carreras, Pavarotti, Domingo.) ... For abosolte emotion in music, The aria from Puccini's Tosca "The Stars are Shining" send a shiver up my spine. I heard Mario Lanza sing it on ther prog tonight and it reminded me of this music which I like and don't listen to so much these days.

As I said, emotion has been high for me tonight. Its that feeling of being on the edge of tears and somehow actually knowing the feeling being good to let it all go. Trouble is, as I guy brought up in the 70s and English with that stiff upper lip, I held back and went to the pub!!
I was hoping to find some folk to chat to, but ended up for most of the evening drinking on my own feeling sorry for myself. Eventually I met up with a neighbour and had a bit of a chat which helped.

Some good news. My wife Christine is pleased because the dining room table we ordered a couple of weeks ago turned up tonight. Looks like I'll be putting that together tommorrow morning in time for Sunday lunch.

What is it about emotions that are kinda disturbing but when let out (feel like I wanna cry) somehow feels like a release? Its stuff that builds up in me and catches me out when I least expect it. I could have done with a good old sing song at the pub tonight, maybe some Karaoke to get it all out of my system. Instead I felt a bit lonely really. I've got more stuff I'm planning to add to my website regarding the past. Maybe thinking about that has stimulated the emotion? I dunno.

All said and done, maybe I'll feel different tommorrow and think that what I have written here to be a bit "off the wall" and over emotional. Scripture Union have an afternoon Church thingy tommorow and I'm looking forward to that. Work has got in the way of seeing it all this week. Maybe catching up tomorrow bring me back closer to God again.

Take care folks.... as usual.. with blessings.....


Comments

(10 total)

I was just the same this evening, I put it down to a heartfelt prayer spoken aloud in the car last night. For me, heartfelt prayers sometimes bring up churning emotions that unsettle me. Its just the process but I find it uncomfortable. I spent time helping in the garden, watering thirsty plants then made a small fire and burnt some dried rosemary that we had trimmed from the bushes a couple of weeks ago. It smelt good and burnt fast. Enjoy your day tomorrow.

Sunday 6 August 2006 - 01:24AM (CEST)


often feel the same but being female can sit n blubb my eyes out.sometimes its just good to let it go marty you feel better afterwards. enjoy the jigsaw puzzle that is your table lol xx

Sunday 6 August 2006 - 12:27AM (BST)


There is nothing wrong with letting out your feelings hon. If you ever need a good chat you know where your friends are. mel xx

Saturday 5 August 2006 - 04:48PM (PDT)


I am a big Il Divo fan, not as classically correct as the three tenors maybe but equally as powerful in their delivery of music that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up - when I am feeling down I put their music on full pelt in my car and suddenly I know Italian fluently and can sing to the world = it brings tears, floods of them, but I feel so much better after having sung an aria or two with them!! The car and the world has had a hammering this week as I have sung every song on the tape at least twice!!!

Emotions are powerful little buggers Marty - I have had lots this week with whats been going on with my daughter but - you and everyone else in my 360 world have been there for me, let me and your friends in your 360 world be there for you x

Sunday 6 August 2006 - 07:51AM (BST)


Hmm yes I can identify with tht feeling. Coming down to earth from my clowning course has been difficult. So much connection in 5 days with some lovely people. Being present in the moment and sharing so much laughter and making ourselves vulnerable on "stage" being open with our emotions and slowing right down to connect with each other and the audience - goodbye was reallly realllly hard. I don't believe I have let go yet and I can see me gonig back for more in a few months.....

Sunday 6 August 2006 - 02:02PM (BST)


I'd love to hear the aria, "The Stars are Shining," as you so highly recommend it. "The Phantom of the Opera" sends such chills down my spine.
About emotions-- I've felt the gamut of them, have two kids with heart transplants and everyday I have tear-filled moments--joy or pain.

Sunday 6 August 2006 - 07:10AM (PDT)


Good day, Marty. Thanks so much for sharing on my blog. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your childhood friend. In our case, doctors can't even say why or how our girls developed the dilated hearts, other than assuming it's cardiomyopathy. Two siblings getting the same thing, though, is rare, and both getting new hearts is extremely rare.
I'd love to see the "Stars are Shining" on YouTube. If you post, it please let me know? As soon as I get home to my regular computer, I'll be able to hear good tunes again. For now I hear the sweet sounds of little girls snoring accompanied by the L.A. freeway noise out the hotel window--syncopation!

Sunday 6 August 2006 - 07:39AM (PDT)


good on you marty -you always seem to be able to put things down well.
You probably have guessed by now that I am quite an emotional bloke and find it hard to know how to share my feelings - being alone doesnt help- dont think i was born to be alone!
Anyway - hope your Sunday was cheerier and the dining room table stood up to Sunday lunch!

Sunday 6 August 2006 - 05:13PM (BST)


Thanks Marty, I was feeling emotional yesterday, full moon on the way and time to think. I even forgot to attend a lovely shared lunch with Friends yesterday-didn't realise until I got to Meeting this morning..Still full of emotion in the car, then I heard the news about the latest bombings in Lebanon. Hope you enjoyed today. Our family met up and we walked along Baggy Point at Croyde-wonderful cliff top walk, blue sky and sea and some interesting birds-fulmars, sand-martins mobbing a lone kestrel. Lovely to be together out there. Ive read your blog before and enjoyed your honesty, can you find the reference to Lebanon in the OT please? I think one of the poets was mourning the loss of Lebanon in a battle. I'm just setting up my very own blog

Sunday 6 August 2006 - 09:42PM (BST)


Strangley enough as a fan of mainly rock music of various kinds I do enjoy classical music a lot, I have allways said that in my opinion the power and driving force and grandeur of rock music and many forms of classical music are in many ways alike. I know that a lot of rock can be very well portrayed by an orchestra giving it a slightly different treatment, or a rock band doing a concert with a classical orchestra like for instance Metallica with the S&M DVD, quality. I alos like to hear classical singersn the three tenors for instance. My late father was a massive fan of Mario Lanza and that man sings like an angel. As regards ones feelings, emotions, sadness, loneliness, emptiness etc, well I got em in mountains but allways find it hard to express this in person to person confrontations, yet on here I am beginning to find it easier to open up, wierd eh.

Tuesday 8 August 2006 - 12:33AM (BST)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home