This Page

has been moved to new address

Gaining confidence in cooking

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: Gaining confidence in cooking

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Gaining confidence in cooking

If you had said to me a few weeks ago that I'd enjoy getting involved with cooking, I would not have believed you. The thought of preparing food usually bring me out in a major stress. I guess that's because I just didn't know where to start and had absolutely no confidence in it. OK, so I can do some simple stuff like egg or beans on toast, but that was about it. My wife has always controlled the kitchen and that it.

Just recently, I've taken the plunge and got a colleague at work to help me with this issue. My pal Dave cooks some great curries and he encouraged me to experiement with him. Now, I've got to the point where I feel confident enough to get stuck in (besides, it kills off some quiet evening shifts at work!)

Here's a curry I cooked earlier this evening using some experiementation. Just had the give it a name.

Marty’s chicken curry“zing a ding ding” recipe

Serves 4-5

Ingredients

1 onion

1 large green pepper

4 mushrooms

1 clove of garlic

4 pieces of chicken breast

1 tin of chopped tomatoes (with herbs)

Lemon juice

Half teaspoon Turmeric powder

Half teaspoon ginger powder

Half teaspoon Garam Masala

Pinch to half teaspoon of chilli powder according to taste.

4-5 pieces of skinned, boneless chicken

3-4 small cups of Basmati rice

Method

Finely chop the onion, green pepper, mushroom and garlic. Place in a large frying pan or wok and fry until onions become translucent (add a drop of water if necc.)

Dice the chicken.

Add spices (turmeric, ginger, Garam Masala and chilli powder) and stir.

Squirt in a little lemon juice.

Add the diced chicken and stir in.

Empty the contents of the tinned tomatoes and continue to stir on low heat for approx 25 minutes.

Cook rice as required and serve.


Yummy!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home