This Page

has been moved to new address

How does the future look to you?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: How does the future look to you?

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Sunday, January 06, 2008

How does the future look to you?

So here we are. The start to the new year of 2008. A time to consider the challenges ahead of us all. On a personal level, I'm aware there are a fair few challenges for me. There is major building work going on at my workplace that will cause some stress for us all I'm sure. Our shift system may change too.
On a broader front, it seems the news has been full of doom and gloom in the last few weeks. In fact I'd say that things look about a dour as Gordon Browns' face!

Prices at the petrol pumps are at an all time high in the UK (more that £1 per litre).

Oil prices globally are at an all time high.

Domestic fuel is rising beyond inflation. (N Power the first to rise. My cynical mind brings me to the fact that N Power recently have aggressively
been trying to sell on the doorstep. Has me wonder if they knew they would putting the prices up!).

The credit crunch is apparently affecting those with debts. I'm glad I sorted my mortgage last year, in the nip of time too.

Lost data by UK government departments.

The continuing international crisis - Iraq & Kenya come to mind.

So where do we go from here?
Sometimes, I think we just have to get on with it. All the problems of the world can be too much of a burden. It's easier to take one day at a time and deal with issues on small bites. Well..... thats the general intention anyway. I'm not sure I can always maintain that thought.

What do you think?





0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home