This Page

has been moved to new address

innovation in a blog

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: innovation in a blog

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Sunday, September 24, 2006

innovation in a blog

Congratulations to you Sankaran for using innovation in creating this icebreaker to introduce your friends, and friends of friends to each other. A great title for a story. It has shown how, if we allow it to, our minds can fly free like a butterfly and become so creative.

Here starts another day where my soul is at peace. We shall go and visit my parents this afternoon. My father has a new Yorkshire Terrier puppy that my youngest daughter is anxious to see. My father has always been a great lover of animals. There has never been a time when he has not had dogs in the house. Seeing mum and sitting with her a while is something that tugs at my heart. As always, communication will be difficult as she struggles to speak (as a result of a stroke she had a few years ago). I know she will be happy to see us though.

Last Monday (that bad day I had) I took a walk down the bay and filmed some of the beach where I grew up and met my friend Paul. I've put this together as a video now and would like to share it with all of you. This takes on a different mood to my usual vids. If you have sound, then make sure you turn it up. You might just catch some of my commentary under the music.

Comments

(15 total)

This place is amazing.... The water, the land, the trees... wow!! No wonder you talk about it so much!

Sunday 24 September 2006 - 02:33AM (PDT)


Very touching Marty, places just like situations do change whether we want them to or not I guess mate, sometimes these changes can dilute our memories but yours of your friend Paul and the times you had together seem to remain fresh, we might not allways like change but I'm afraid they will happen no matter what and we must find a way to live with them. I guess I should sometimes at least try to listen to my own advice eh lol. Hope you are feeling a little better after your walk my friend.

Sunday 24 September 2006 - 11:12AM (BST)


Very nice video, Marty. Lovely place too! I'm sorry for your bad day you had, but I do wish you all the best. You have a wonderful Sunday, & thanks for the vid. Lovely footage!

Sunday 24 September 2006 - 12:58PM (BST)


Lovely video and beautiful place! My grandfather (on my moms side) loved animals. He always had miniture poodles. I wasn't a big fan of those dogs, but I sure loved the turltes he had out in his backyard! Hope you all have fun at your parents!

Sunday 24 September 2006 - 03:15PM (EEST)


How touching. Enjoy your day and especially the visit with your parents.

Sunday 24 September 2006 - 08:51AM (CDT)


Marty, that 'butterflies' idea of Sankaran's was pretty good, even though I did not take part myself, I read some great stories by those who did. I particularly liked Rainy's story.
Loved the vid Marty, it was good to get an image of the places you have told us about.

Sunday 24 September 2006 - 03:52PM (BST)


I loved Butterflies...a bitter-sweet comedy, bit like life really...

Sunday 24 September 2006 - 04:14PM (BST)


Hey Marty thats a cool video of the place you grew up in and I agree with you on Sankaran's effort to bring a lot of people together.. the effort paid off! :)

Sunday 24 September 2006 - 08:48PM (IST)


Really touching video Marty.

Salud to Sankaran for starting his own blog craze!

Sunday 24 September 2006 - 11:12AM (CDT)


Hey! And I am blushing! lolz

Sunday 24 September 2006 - 10:00PM (IST)


Marty, I am sorry for your bad day, but in another way, I am grateful for it. For, if not for your bad day, we may never have gotten a chance to see the lovely video of places that you hold so close to your heart. Walk in peace my dear friend...

Sunday 24 September 2006 - 02:25PM (EDT)


I loved all of it? Marty, you get better all time. Great video?

Sunday 24 September 2006 - 04:20PM (ADT)


Marty what a touching video that was....You did what too few of us do these days.... you opened the door to your past to remember the happy times although mixed with a little sadness. Hope your day has been good and that the family is well...It must be something to do with the day as I too have spent it with my family (when I finished work that is lol) xxx

Sunday 24 September 2006 - 08:21PM (BST)


Butterflies - when my cooking goes disastrously wrong my husband will ask if I've been having a Ria moment, in homage to wendy craig's character in that series

Monday 25 September 2006 - 01:25AM (BST)


I'm coming through late on these Marty and so am catching up on your blog. I agree that the butterflies experiment was an excellent one and the series and the originality that came out of it was magnificent.

Friday 29 September 2006 - 12:09PM (EDT)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home