This Page

has been moved to new address

A better day at work

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: A better day at work

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Thursday, October 05, 2006

A better day at work

I've had a better day today with a lot more focus ON work too. I've not been so tired and managed to get a decent amount of support work admin. as well as quality time with my clients today.

I've not much else to blog tonight other than my usual scribbing....

Brahms and Lidzt – cockney rhyming slang for getting drunk or “Pissed” as its referred to very often.

There has only been one occasion when John and I dated the same girl. In fact it was the first girl I went out with when I was nineteen. When we split up and I told John about this, John was not dating at the time and was looking for some female company to go out with in the evening. So I introduced John to Julie. Their first (and I believe only) date was a treasure hunt organised by one of the local pubs. Basically, this involved being given a list of clues with some loose directions. Each participant then drove their car round the route given (all the local villages) in an attempt to find the clues. The winner was the first person to successfully complete the course and answer all the clue questions. We used to call it a car rally for some reason.

John took Julie with him to navigate and I can remember John telling me about one particular clue he could not get. They had come to one particular junction on a country road where there was a lamppost that was leaning to one side in a somewhat “drunken” fashion. The clue on the sheet was “Brahms and……..” John simply didn’t get it, not being familiar with cockney rhyming slang. Julie, however DID get it but felt too embarrassed to tell John for fear of offending him. I laughed when John asked me what is was all about and explained to him the significance of the clue. I also phoned Julie about it and both had a good laugh at embarrassing situation that occurred.

Comments


Hi Marty, fun little story. I'm glad your feeling better mate, the coming up is allways a lot nicer than the going down isnt it.

Thursday 5 October 2006 - 09:40PM (BST)


Sooooooo by theend of the weekend, you should be back on top.......
Whats with all you poms, one gets sick, ya's all lay down" ooooohhhh I feeeellll sooooo pooooorrlly", is it just sympathy for eachother???
rolloing on the floor, pissinf myself laffing loud[and copping strange looks off Ginger nuts again]....


Thursday 5 October 2006 - 10:16PM (BST)

Marty, I went on some of those rally/treasure hunts years ago. They were great fun, but the organisers always made the clues so obscure, no-one ever found the treasure!!! LOL.

Thursday 5 October 2006 - 10:33PM (BST)


Marty, it's good to hear that you are feelin better and smilin again! the story was cute, I don't think i understood all of it, but then again I am american, we don't get much unless it's explained to us in great detail and 3 or 4 copies are made to explain it! haha!
the music was good as well, ta!
keep smilin Marty, you have every reason to! x

Friday 6 October 2006 - 02:55PM (BST)


Hei Marty.

We used to have those 'Treasure Hunts by Car' in Ireland and the fellow you plotted the routes did nearly get lynched 'coz he did 'em sooo hard! Love the hunts, though.



Me bad: typo - should be, of course 'fellow WHO plotted...' not you!!

Oooopsy blondi-moment there! Just like that, what came over me. =))))

Friday 6 October 2006 - 07:59PM (CEST)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home