This Page

has been moved to new address

Full Moon

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: Full Moon

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Full Moon

I took the above photo from the back of the house where I work, last night. There was a very bright and full moon as you can see which was quite spooky. I did this partly in response to Yahoo 360 team tag "What I see from my window". Well, its not quite from the office window, but is a view from my workplace

I've always found the luner cycle to be something that clearly affects moods in us, be that heightened happiness, sadness or anger. My theory on this kinda goes along the lines of the moons gravity increasing blood flow in the body. This, in my view, possibly increases brain activity. For me, it no surprise the events that occurred last night with that young lady were partially as a result of a full moon. I also think this ties in with the legend of the Werewolf - an increases in madness , lunacy so to speak. Hmmmmm moon=luna=lunacy. Yes, I seem to remember seeing something about this on TV at some point in the past.

I'm clean out of scribbles for the moment. Are folk still interested in these? I'm writing something about school days at the moment and its quite long and will need splitting into sections if I post it here.

Last minute addition. Instead of a scribble. I'll play the tag game as found on Elly's click here page. 5 songs that will make me cry.


"Drive" from "The Cars" - simply because of the harrowing scenes from Live Aid in the 80's
"Nessum Dorma" from the opera "Turandot" by "Puccini"
"Still" The Commodores
"Nothing compares to you" Sinnead O'Connor
"Imagine" John Lennon - when its heard at the end of the film "The Killing Fields".

Comments

(12 total)

Nice photo Marty.....Moods swings under lunar is well dicussed.Infact not proved.But it is scientifically proved that gravity of moon on us will be less then gravitation influenze by a fly..hmmmmmmmmm

Saturday 7 October 2006 - 09:12PM (IST)


I agree, I always seem to be in a bad mood when there's a full moon (I'm being serious here!)

Sunday 8 October 2006 - 02:45AM (VUT)


Ever see "An American Werewolf in London"? I love the way they use songs with the wor "moon" in them. Every time I hear "Blue Moon" I can't help but think of that movie.

Saturday 7 October 2006 - 11:01AM (CDT)


I fully understand what oyu say about the moons cycles and have read lots of research into this. Here, because we are in a different position to the UK in relation to space, we see the moon differently at times, I will try to capture what I mean next time as hard to describe. But nothing has ever beaten the view of the stars when seen from Sydney Australia, I had never seen the Milky Way with such clarity, I had to go outside almost every evening and just look for ages, absolutely amazing sight, I could pick out many of the star patterns,( can't recall the correct name for them) Doh! As long as I live, I will never forget the sight..

Saturday 7 October 2006 - 05:22PM (BST)


Marty, Great post.
I also believe there's a lot to the lunar cycles and that there are conditions that cause physiological changes. That was interesting stuff.

As for your question, I do like your scribbles and read them with interest. I am trying to reclaim things from my past so I like to see what others come up with as it jogs my memory as well.

Saturday 7 October 2006 - 12:52PM (EDT)


Ooo, perty picture there! I love full moons!!! Very beautiful things to see, especially when the sky is a dark blue or twilight! I love it when the scene is like that!

& scribbles are always good to read, Marty! I'll definately give them a read! *smiles* take it easy!

Saturday 7 October 2006 - 05:57PM (BST)


Just to add..:)
Plz refer
http://skepdic.com/fullmoon.html

Saturday 7 October 2006 - 10:35PM (IST)


Marty, I'd tend to see the lunacy but the very way you do. I've personally experinced this and observed this in a lot of people I know from close quarters.
As to your scribbles, I wonder why you wonder!

Saturday 7 October 2006 - 11:28PM (IST)


read but as 'bit'...

Saturday 7 October 2006 - 11:29PM (IST)


I Love the moon's cycles. Full moon at home is wonderful, like daylight especially January February; kids stay out for hours, no one sleeps.

Sunday 8 October 2006 - 08:43PM (CEST)


This is Chinese Moom Festival.

Monday 9 October 2006 - 07:34AM (CST)


Oh the songs you picked.. oh my! Yes.. all great songs but very gut wrenching.. as you know I can relate with the Nothing compares to You.. and I use it when relating to a great loss for me such as in my sisters passing and serious heart break...

I love the pic of the moon.. what a great spooky backdrop pic.. !! :)

Monday 9 October 2006 - 01:06AM (CDT)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home