This Page

has been moved to new address

Rain

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: Rain

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Friday, October 06, 2006

Rain

Seems to have been non stop rain here today. Christine has just come in from picking Kara up from school and is soaked through to the skin. Ironically, the rain has now cleared and there is the first sight of blue sky and sun today.
I've stayed in all day today chilling out for a while before I start nigth shift tonight. I've even spent a little time reading this afternoon up in the bedroom and then had a little afternoon snooze. I've really noticed how much cooler it is today. Like my 360 mate Kevin, I find dull, wet weather gives me a bit of a meloncholy mood.

I've made one or two comments on David Camerons blog site and made a couple of blogs there myself. No direct responses yet and I'm not holding my breath. He has though, done some interesting video blogging about his trip to India. Interesting stuff around environmental issues.

OK, So here's another of my usual scribblings... yet again.

Graffiti

Sally Line was the ferry service from Ramsgate to Dunkerque, France during the 80’s and 90’s. The port of Ramsgate was the area I worked as a shipping agent clerk at that time. For the most part, the shipping offices and other buildings were pre fabricated “Portacabins”. They were not the best places to work, being far to hot and stuffy in the summer and freezing cold in the winter despite the little electric heaters on the walls. Very few had kitchen facilities and the loo’s for port workers were in another mini cabin on the port.

Like most public lavatories, albeit for staff, or maybe in particular for this reason, the walls attracted a lot of graffiti. This graffiti was generally very witty and mostly puerile humour aimed at other workers and in particular at management of the port.

Every few weeks, a tradesman would be brought in the whitewash the walls, only for the graffiti to come back with vengeance over the next few days. This went on for quite a number of months until finally, a wipe board and pen was fitted to the wall with instructions that anyone could continue to write what they pleased from that point onward, materials and tools duly provided.

Its amazing how the psychological mind works because I never saw any more graffiti on those walls any more. I guess it just took away the daring and the challenging of authority. I think it says something about manipulating behaviour.

Comments

(9 total)

Amazing that someone would take the time and energy to find such a tiny tiny piece of information as that - I wonder how many hours it took to find that...

there is no guessing what lengths we humans will go to...

;O)

steph

Friday 6 October 2006 - 04:09PM (BST)


that rain you spoke of? Its called skulies rain....it rains while the kids are going to, or comming home from, skule, then once they are inside and clear of the rain, it stops, but if you was to send them outside again, it would start to rain again. Stupid , hey..........
And as for grafitti in the dunny's, dont know who does such a terrible thing... but heres one of my all time favourites....
I wish I was a diamond ring,
upon a ladies hand,
Coz every time she wiped her arse
I would kiss the promised land......

Friday 6 October 2006 - 08:28AM (PDT)


or the old toilet tennis look left...and on the other wall look right......or there is a hole in the wall, someone draws a bum and legs, bent over, around the hole, and asks what did the boss eat for breakfast.....

Friday 6 October 2006 - 08:31AM (PDT)


Rain promised and it cheated...LOL

Friday 6 October 2006 - 09:43PM (IST)


awwww horrible - Pete you really are good at toilet humour.....

;o#

Friday 6 October 2006 - 09:12PM (BST)


great blog. roof leaking here, kitchen and first floor landing a nightmare day........

Friday 6 October 2006 - 09:41PM (BST)


There's been heavy rain and gale-force winds here all day. Actually got a window open so I can listen to the rain while I'm online. The sound is very relaxing, I find.
Funny vid, I bet the person who did it was cursing the loss of resolution at high-magnitude. LOL.

Saturday 7 October 2006 - 01:43AM (BST)


oh no rain, I dont want to move to England anymore lol!x

Saturday 7 October 2006 - 12:55PM (CEST)


Rainy days make me lazy! Or maybe I use that for my excuse.. it is always when it rains I come up with ... "man.. if it wasn't raining I would......" LOL!

Monday 9 October 2006 - 01:17AM (C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home