This Page

has been moved to new address

Making some headway

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: Making some headway

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Making some headway

Thie image above comes out of the word "progression" when I "Yahoo imaged" it, or I suppose you could call that "Yamaged" as opposed to "Googled" LOL.

Its been another interesting night shift with the moon still bright in the sky. I've had a long chat with a lad tonight who has been opening up to me a lot recently. Its one of the lads who came to the Alpha night with me last week and he told me how impressed he was with what I had said in my speech and how that had affected him and encouraged him. I was really pleased with this (whilst being aware that making progress with these lads is hit and miss).

The lad can't wait to continue on the Alpha course and has asked me about it every day that I have been at work. I'm just waiting now for a proper start date for it that should happen within the week. The task ahead is to help this lad to build his future on a rock foundation.

This experience has lifted me, particularly because I've found its been really hard to break through to these guys personally in the last year to the point where I've almost thrown it in recently. Getting positive feedback has done wonders for me tonight and increased my faith to a great degree. I've had one of those "Now THATS what I do this job for" moments. Just got the rest of the night to go through now, then I'm off shift for a few days till Thursday.

Everyone is tagging at the moment. I don't usually do these very often and don't name anyone else to do it, but here is something I did a months ago where I was pretty anonymous. I'm not gonna look back at the old blog , but rethink it now.

COMPUTER RELATED THINGS (ANOTHER OTHER STUFF) THAT HAVE DRIVEN ME TO DISTRACTION IN THE PAST

  1. Lycos Chat
  2. Pro Evolution Soccer on the Playstation 2
  3. Age of Empires game
  4. Trying (and failing) to create a website using Dreamweaver
  5. Sonic The Hedgehog on The Sega Megadrive
  6. "Googling" random words when bored, just to see what came up
  7. Pacman
  8. Galaxians (phew, that was many 10 pence pieces and years ago)
  9. My Atari ST when it first came out that had 1 whole megabite of RAM!
  10. The Game "Elite" that I played on my Atari ST.
  11. Standard pinball that comes in games with Windows.
  12. The Rubik cube (ok, so its not computer related)
  13. Yahoo Newsgroups
  14. and of course, currently, Yahoo 360 blogging!

Here's one for the girls (and one I like too, although I couldn't find "still" that I could embed) Just look at that 70's big hair!!!


Comments

(13 total)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Lionel Richie!! Thanks, Marty. I really love this song!

But I really have to go try Googling random words...c ya later!

Saturday 7 October 2006 - 07:26PM (PDT)


I see that I still have a lot to learn - not that I didn't know it ... Love, EC

Sunday 8 October 2006 - 06:34AM (CEST)


Hey Marty glad you seem to have rediscovered what your work is "all about" for you. There is such a change in the tone of your blogs now, things have really turned around for you?
I'm sorry I haven't been about much to comment on your blogs (although I will go back and read them at some point).
I always think of you, I'm still struggling at the mo, but hope to be BACK on track soon.
Take care and I'll be back soon.xx

Sunday 8 October 2006 - 11:04AM (BST)


This song reminds me of my departed beloved father Marty, it is a beautifull song that brings back many happy memories of me dancing with him to this. And like Rainy your blogs lately have been upbeat and chirpy maybe its because you have your focus and faith back in your job? Or maybe its just that you have at last given yourself the break that you needed...xxx

Sunday 8 October 2006 - 01:29PM (BST)


Hi Marty - I too worked with troubled youth. I think it good to remember PLANTING A SEED is a job well done! Perhaps the client may not use the imput until much later in life, but the seed is planted and available. Regards, Carol

Sunday 8 October 2006 - 12:08PM (EDT)


Oh my goodness., you missed out "Tetris" on those list of computer addictions! When I found that I don't think I managed to get off it without the battery dying on the gameboy!

& fantastic to hear you are getting better & better each time! You're a strong & intelligent guy, & I know you'll be progressing to a more optimistic outlook continuously now! Good for you! *smiles*

Sunday 8 October 2006 - 05:56PM (BST)


Hi Marty sorry havent been here to comment over the weekend mate, have my lads over the weekend, its the only time I have them usually so I like to make the most of it and it makes spending any real time on 360 difficult. Good to hear your feeling a little better about your job, hope the lad gets a new start from the Alpha course. Dont feel bad about the drunk girl Marty you tried to help and you can only help someone if they want to be helped. I dont do tags myself, I find it difficult to answer a lot of them and tend to leave them alone.

Sunday 8 October 2006 - 10:20PM (BST)


Marty it's great that you are available to people who really need to be heard. What a gift you give to others. Also enjoyed the video. That song just takes me back to a time and place in life....
ah well. Thanks for sharing.

Sunday 8 October 2006 - 07:04PM (EDT)


hey Marty great blog??

Sunday 8 October 2006 - 10:04PM (ADT)


It does do so much for you when you see the light come on in some one elses eyes does it not?

Sunday 8 October 2006 - 08:21PM (CDT)


Hey Marty.. thanks for doing tag in blog.. lol.. I am not one big on them either and do the same thing when all possible! LOL!
I am glad to hera the more upbeat tone in your writing.. does my heart good...
With the recent genderswitch game we were playing I have gotten behing in my blog reading so trying to catch up.. so sorry I haven't been around for a minute.. catching up now!
Hugs to you and yours!
Deana

Monday 9 October 2006 - 01:02AM (CDT)


Your Picture Reminds me Of Speed As In Car Air Disperse meant ,
Like It.
32’s

Monday 9 October 2006 - 07:49AM (BST)


love this picture, and the word yamaged

Tuesday 10 October 2006 - 12:26AM (BST)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home