This Page

has been moved to new address

15th August 2006

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: 15th August 2006

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Saturday, October 06, 2007

15th August 2006

Grumpy old Marty!
256 magnify
Now.... before I start... I ask you to read this in lighthearted fashion because I'm simply using self depreciating humour here.Image

Today was shopping day. Its the sort of day that (as you regular Marty blog readers know) is a stressful day for me. Anyhow..... Marty's taxi service jumped into operation to take "her indoors" with my 2 daughters on the weekly jaunt to Asda's. (Bear with me folks, with Craig away on holiday, I'm severely outnumbered with 3 females in the house). Image
On the way, Chris told me that she wanted to stop off at the craft shop to try and get some stencils.
Ya see, we are decorating the girls bedroom. btw, can't get 'em now coz they are out of fashion.
I had earlier made to fatal mistake of mentioning that my t shirts were getting ragged. What a fool I am because this resulted in "oooohhh we've got to go to Matalan too for clothes shopping."Image
On the way, in the car came "are we gonna go to Homebase first to get the tool needed for the texture smoothing of the ceiling first?" (Marty checks his blood pressure!) I said no, we will do that last. So...... The girls go off to buy the food and I breath a sigh of relief and get me breakfast at the cafe... relief, that is because I don't have to watch Christine pick up dozens of joints of meat trying to decide which one to have.
"ITS A PIECE OF MEAT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, THEY'RE ALL MUCH THE SAME!!!"
After putting up with the stress of too many people, and the air con in Asda draining me of energy and patience (not to mention having to put up with the Asda greeter pontificating how amazingly exciting it would be for everyone to know:- "
Why not go to so and so aisle where tinned peas are 2p cheaper today" cue everyone making a mad dash ..... NOT!!!!" ) we finally moved the trolley in the general direction of my motor transport I mistakenly thought would take me back to Marty's castle. I had, of course forgotton about Matalan!Image
"Oh...Oh.... we need to go to Tesco's extra coz I couldn't get the toys Kara needs for the parties she is invited to next week" says my darling wife. So... to Tesco's we go, only to find that they have had a power cut and the store is temporarily closed. This mean't Matalan was definately on the cards, (me hoping clothes shopping could be done in Tesco's. )"What's up with Matalan?" I hear you ask. Well, this store must take the record for having the longest queue to pay that I have ever experienced. I, of course, chose to wander to another out of town shop whilst the female species whiled away many more precious moments of Marty's time on this planet of ours.
Several millenia later, (me meanwhile in hyper impatient mode with steam doing old geyser impressions outa me ear'oles) the better side of the human species emerged from Matalan with assorted apparel. "Can we go back to Tesco's now dad?" asked Kara, to which I'm ashamed to say, I got a little bit cross and suggested we went there tommorow. The traffic, being lunch time was dreadful and I was screaming inside at other drivers to GET OFF MY ROAD!!!Image

Finally, required tool for spreading doughy stuff on the ceiling was purchased and homeward bound we went.
I got on with seeing to the ceiling. Now DIY is a skill God did not grace me with. I made a start and Christine took over. (we'd thought better of competing in the world championship final for sulking by this time). The ceiling is now "done". £30+ spent on a ceiling that once has artexing on it now looking.... well..... artexed I guess. Image. Still....... there is sanding down to do tommorow.... lets see how it looks then......

Here endeth Marty;s day so far. I feeling ok now and happy to laugh at it all. I guess its typical of an average day in the life of a 40 something married guy getting too grumpy.

Ohhhh.... and BTW.... The picture is of your truly dressed up as Cnl. Hurley Burly VC. Our works Christmas do was a murder mystery evening and curry night. It was loads of fun. TTFN.

Comments

(13 total)

You haven't experienced shopping hell until you have experienced the 'Next' sale. They employ people with placards to show you where the end of the queue is!

Tuesday 15 August 2006 - 05:39PM (BST)


lol, an experience most men have the pleasure of...not

I find the worse things in shops is when the assistant just looks at you and they seem to be thinking of being somewhere else. No smile no thank you after shopping in their store. You vow never to go in there again but you do and the same assistant is there in a world of her own lol

Tuesday 15 August 2006 - 04:45AM (GMT+12)


I think I must be a bit wierd ya know, when I was married I used to quite enjoy going shopping with my then wife Carole, cant stand shopping now mind.

Tuesday 15 August 2006 - 05:47PM (BST)


Cute! I actually hate shopping. I usually see something at a store, but, wanting to get the most for my buck, I go to a billion other stores looking for a better bargin, only to wind up buying from the first place. Will I never learn!?

Tuesday 15 August 2006 - 08:30PM (EEST)


(to be heard in a soft breathy warm voice...) Breathe.....just breathe....take up a little yoga or Tai chi, it helps in those calm and stressed out moments when the world seems to be falling in at both ends....there....better now???

:o)

Tuesday 15 August 2006 - 06:34PM (BST)


LMAO Jamie, I remember Christine doing that when we first met over a pair of boots. A whole afternoon shopping for them, only for her to buy the first pair she looked at.
Oops.... I forgot... I said I would'nt comment on my own blogs LOL

Tuesday 15 August 2006 - 06:37PM (BST)


what a description Marty - have you ever read "notes from a small island" by Bill Bryson where he describes the right way to deal with paying at a checkout compared to the womens way! -lol Nice to get a look inmto someone elses routines!

Tuesday 15 August 2006 - 11:01PM (BST)


Well, Marty, all I can say is that I feel sorry for your wife and daughters. You must make shopping hell for them too instead of the enjoyable experience it should be. And shame on you for eating breakfast while they do all the work! Please try harder!

Wednesday 16 August 2006 - 02:15AM (BST)


ROFLMAO - sorry cannot say anything else, that was just soooooooo funny

Wednesday 16 August 2006 - 06:59AM (BST)


i hereby come out in sympathy,mate:) our asda shop comes on the van once a month, don't do loads of people and cuckoo retail assistants, think i'd be on like a multi murder charge or something,lol. Our good Lord never blessed me with patience, so anything of a stressful nature usually gets allocated to my better half, she's so much more understanding than i:)

Wednesday 16 August 2006 - 01:18AM (PDT)


Well I have to say I too hate shopping, not clothes shopping though, it's a female thing I know! However grocery shopping and all that nonsense, it's a living hell and I have to say I wish my fella would take your attitude and sit down in the cafe and have something to eat instead of getting under my feet while I'm trying to shop...enough ppl doing that already, lol! get me in and out as fast as you can that's what I say. x

Wednesday 16 August 2006 - 10:22AM (BST)


HA HA HA HA HA Marty's been shopping!! You want to think yourself lucky you don't live in Spain...we have to go everywhere to get a job done...i.e. Replacing a kitchen worktop and sink, can get the taps, worktop and sealant in one store, but not the sink, have to go to another for that, every single job we have done on our apartment, we have to source all the bits from different places as not everything is there under one roof!

Wednesday 16 August 2006 - 07:32PM (BST)


hehehe thats so fuuny ! guess most guys dont enjoy shopping at all . Im so sorry thyou have to stand the stressful day . or next time you can do something you like when you are waiting for your family picking stuff :)

Friday 18 August 2006 - 03:29AM (CST)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home