This Page

has been moved to new address

The Wanderer Returns

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: The Wanderer Returns

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Wanderer Returns

I just thought I'd jot down a few lines having just got back from a short break to try and sort out the mess that's been going on in my head.
I took a ride down to Fareham to visit an old friend. I also took the chance to meet for a coffee with fellow blogger Steph... just for an hour or so. It's great to meet up with folk that you first get contact with online. Steph has been a great support to me in times like these. A listening ear.
On Sunday I then went on down to Torquay to meet with the band folk I went to Germany with. I had a great welcome and was well looked after. That was certainly needed bearing in mind I'm particularly fragile at the moment. This little time away was kinda experimental, just to see how I'd cope. It's all too easy to shrink with the anxiety, so I made this a personal challenge to face some demons. It wasn't easy by any means and I very nearly came home on Saturday evening after feeling particularly unwell Saturday afternoon. In the end, I just pulled myself together and managed to get out and play with Woodfalls Concert Band on Saturday evening. (It was a last minute invite because they were short of a trombone player).

I think the break has done me good. I don't feel quite so negative about work now, although I still feel pretty fragile. I have to go back to work on Thursday because doc won't sign me off any longer. No surprising really considering TV news at the weekend stating that there is going to be a benefits shake up. Still, it's just a case of getting on with it now. I'm just going to take it one day at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home