This Page

has been moved to new address

Cricket??

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: Cricket??

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Monday, August 18, 2008

Cricket??

I've never been a fan of cricket. I can remember my first chance to play at the wicket in junior school aged about 10. After ages getting bored fielding and a late chance to bat, went to hit the ball and smashed the wicket with a back swing. Out immediately with no chance at a hit. Cricket was not for me and I found it as boring as watching paint dry. I did, however watch the rare ashes win over the Aussies (was it last year???) and kinda enjoyed that.

Sunday evening, I popped out to buy a bottle of red wine at the off licence and decided to pop in the pub on the way. Whilst drinking a pint, I picked up thde "Mail on Sunday" newspaper. A few pages in I caught the article from Marcus Trescothicks' biography that took up a couple a pages. I had no idea this famous cricketer suffered from anxiety and depression. Reading the raw, honest account of his experience, I was blown away. It was almost as if he was writing my biography in terms of feelings and experience. Everything mentioned in this account regarding anxiety and depression describes and exact replica of my own situation in recent weeks ans more so from the past throughout my life. Despite being no fan of cricket whatsoever, I shall be seeking out this book to from a man I admire, simply for his honesty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home