This Page

has been moved to new address

Dodgy encounter

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: Dodgy encounter

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dodgy encounter

I felt a little uncomfortable for a short while this evening.
As usual, I got back from band and popped round to the pub as a usually do for a pint. A guy I know from a little while ago started having a pop at me. I sensed the atmosphere as I walked in the pub and overheard him making some unsavory remarks. His son and mine were friends as young kids.

We used to go to a different pub a few years ago back when I first got involved with church. I guess back then I was more than a little enthusiastic about it. Its a bit like finding a new resturant that you want to tell everyone about.
Well.... this guy wasn't too impressed back then, but it seems he held a grudge for some reason. He made a few untrue allegations about me and my son. That hurt! I tried to make light of it, but I'm not in to confrontation, particularly when a drop of alcohol has been consumed. I stayed reasonably quiet and truthfully prayed about it. I felt the need to apologize to the guy for offending him (albeit some years ago) but before I could do that, he apologized to me for being "out of order".
Strange how things work out. I did apologize to him anyway and then he left.
This sort of thing plays on my mind at times, so I felt the need to write it down. I know I'm sensitive, but I also know that others are too. I never meant any harm, but it goes to prove that despite that, it's important to be sensitive to others.

I guess we all never stop learning. eh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home