This Page

has been moved to new address

New Year, New Routine

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: New Year, New Routine

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

New Year, New Routine

2009 and all is well. The only drawback is that there is too much month left at the end of the money! Mind you, thats pretty standard for any January, but at least my new job pays a week earlier in the month than my old one.

One new routine I'm getting into is evening food shopping. My old nemesis, the Asda supermarket was the destination immediately finishing work today. Still, at least I managed to get a nice pie and chips for dinner there this evening. Supermarkets have yet to implement ideas I'd like to see, such as a wife seeking device and a husband creche complete with comfy chairs, newspapers, computers and console games. This creche needs to be as far away from the travelator annoucers with its incredibily irritating "CAUTION, YOU ARE APPROACHING THE END OF THE CONVEYOR. PLEASE PREPARE.... TO PUSH THE TROLLEY.... OFF THE END OF THE CONVEYOR" This would have served well as a medieval torture device!

I'm really enjoying the new job. So far, there has not been anything that I feel will be beyond my abilities. Looking back over the last 15 or so years I feel that many practical wishes regarding work have been satisfied. Furthest back was a job I enjoyed, but long hours and poor pay. Then it was better hours, much better pay but alot of travel (commuting). Then into a true vocation locally, but shift work and not so good pay. Now I'm in a job with sane hours, much improved pay and conditions and still in line with my chosen vocation. Long may this continue. It's been a long time coming in my working life, but well worth the wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home