This Page

has been moved to new address

The ending of a big chapter

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: The ending of a big chapter

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Thursday, December 04, 2008

The ending of a big chapter

It's been a long, challenging and arduous journey. There has also been a great learning experience for me and finally today the time to move on has occurred.

Almost to the day it has been 5 years working at the young persons hostel. Today I received the phone call confirming the offer of one of the jobs I'd applied for recently. It's a great relief and feeling of excitement mixed with great sadness to leave a job I have loved. Truth is, I have been unhappy for some months. I've prayed hard about it all and now I've received the answer.

Moving into a social work type setting in December 2003 was definitely a calling for me, but I've sensed a need for greater experience. I'm going to work in a more specific field supporting those with substance misuse issues. It finally gets me away from shift work and back into a 9-5 role specifically delivering life skills training. There is going to be a steep learning curve and its an opportunity I'm going to relish.

The Lighthouse Project will always have a special place in my heart. I've made some very close friends there. It's going to be hard to say goodbye, very hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home