This Page

has been moved to new address

Feeling the fear

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: Feeling the fear

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Feeling the fear


Just a short few words and a recommendation.
I've do try to spend some time to read other peoples blogs in order to continue to learn, grow and gain wisdom. 
Here's one I recommend this morning

http://blog.self-improvement-saga.com/2011/01/inspirational-thoughts-making-mistakes/comment-page-1/#comment-57789


Feeling fear causes those strange physical feelings of fight or flight. Just thinking of that, I thought I'd post a little memory I have of my childhood. Something I wrote a few years ago and worth re posting. 

The weather is gradually improving. Time to start morning runs again. 

"Butterfiles,

It was the day of the race. School cross country for the whole school... the highlight of the year. I was enthusiastic. I wanted to do well. I knew I was not good enough to win. Sport was not something I was good at, but running distance? Well I could make a passable attempt at this without being laughed at by the others. The breeze was cool and the air damp. I had butterflies in my tummy.
I made attempts at stretching, not really understanding what this meant, but hey! ya had to look the part and make like the others. The shout came "GO!" My peers sprinted on ahead and I took measured strides. It was not long before those sprinters got out of breath lagged to walking pace, hands in hips. I kept running at a steady pace determined not to stop and walk.
What a great day is was. I didn't win of course. I didn't even come close but the joy of encouragement from the sports master next day in class in front of everyone. "Well done lad. You exceeded my expectations. You gave your all and I'm impressed". A smile of triumph spread across my face. Praise from the sports master. Now that was rare.... for me at least.
"

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home