This Page

has been moved to new address

17th August 2006

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: 17th August 2006

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Monday, October 08, 2007

17th August 2006

Band, music, love

333 magnify
Greetings Folk,

I finally took the plunge and made it down to Snowdown Welfare band last night. This was my first foray into "banding" for some 6 years or more and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was as if I had never left playing. The picture above was taken in 1930. A band formed as part of Snowdown Colliery, one of the Kent pits now sadly closed, as all the Kent pits now are. My thoughts now are whether to follow up on this and play some more with the band and maybe consider joining them.

Now..... I'm fortunate enough to have Darla Mae on my list of friends here. She never fails to send a kind thoughtful loving message to all her friends and I always feel blessed by that. It got me to thinking about a subject discussed at Church cell group last Tuesday. I beleive this applies to everyone regardless of spiritual beliefs. As follows: -

THE 5 ELEMENTS OF LOVE....(in no particular order)

1. Words
2. Service
3. Gifts
4. Time
5. Touch.

Its a fact that we all have a preference on the above. We express our love to others in the way we wish to recieve it. During the meeting, each of us revealed our top 2. Its useful to know this about people so that we can show that love in the most effective way.
My top 2 are words and touch. Writing to people (like here) and embracing folk make me feel good. The others, I have to say, come a close third, forth and fifth.
For those of you that are happy to reveal, I'd love to know what yours are, either on comments or by private message if you prefer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home