This Page

has been moved to new address

18th August 2006

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: 18th August 2006

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Monday, October 08, 2007

18th August 2006

Booze
81 magnify
I went out for good old fashioned pub crawl with an old friend last night. Its been Braodstairs folk week, so thats where we headed. I haven't been out like this for ages so it was fun to get out and have a bit of a laugh. All the pubs were jam packed full. Being a festival, drink were served in plastic glasses and it was allowable to take your drink with you to different pubs. Needless to say, I'm feeling a touch squiffy today. Most of the pubs were open until 1.30am so I didn't get back until around 2.30am I guess. It was really nice to chat with some folk. Bearing in mind the pubs were jam packed I ended up playing a silly game with a group of lasses we were chatting to. Standing close to an area leading to the loos, we were frequently asked "excuse me" as people tried to get past, so... the lass and I had a competition to see how many people we could get to say excuse me. (This of course involved deliberately, but not obviously, standing in the way). It was really funny and involved plenty of cheating. I, of course lost 12-8 at least the score was summut like that LOL.

The trouble with having a good time out (not neccessarlily boozing) is that it always gives me a touch of anxiety afterwards. I don't really understand why this happens. Getting to chat with some really nice people was a blessing. I sometimes feel surprised that people (particularly women) do chat to me. I think this is down to my low self esteem. Its not nearly as bad as it used to be, but it still affects me sometimes.

Anyway.... its time for a giggle. Here comes my video share... quite appropriate and a 90's sitcom I really enjoyed when it was on. It reminds me of my own experiences boozing and the like quite a few years ago. Men behaving badly.

Comments

(11 total)

To alcohol! The cause of - and solution to - all of life's problems. :)

Friday 18 August 2006 - 09:08AM (EDT)


If you are the same in real life as you are with people on 360, then I'm not suprised they all want to talk to you! Take Care, you're a good friend ...

Friday 18 August 2006 - 03:28PM (BST)


It sounds as though you had a good time! Im glad for you, sorry to hear you lost the "excuse me" game though. Better luck next time, eh?
Keep smiling!
x

Friday 18 August 2006 - 03:28PM (BST)


That sounds like a good game. I don't remember the last time I stayed out til 2.30! I know what you mean about the anxiety thing, I get like that too. I think it's like you come out of your shell and then you're kind of forced back into it, if you know what I mean!
Oh and Barney, yay, the best Simpsons character ever. He should have his own programme.

Friday 18 August 2006 - 06:58PM (BST)


Sounds like you had a really good time last night. I haven't stayed ou that late in forever. Just getting to old I guess! The video was Funny Funny! Tahnks for sharing your evening with us. Hope you have a great weekend. Big Hugs!!

Friday 18 August 2006 - 02:36PM (MDT)


Sounds like it was a laff marty, fancy getting beat by a girl, actually some people do fancy getting beat by a girl I guess.

Friday 18 August 2006 - 11:14PM (BST)


Sounds like you had a great night and we all need them from time to time, i went to a party last night and it was great getting out and having a laugh! did get a bit drunk..well maybe a lot drunk, lol! The vid was funny I love that programme it was sooo funny.

Saturday 19 August 2006 - 11:27AM (BST)


Wow! great video clip! I had missed that one in the 90s, too busy being a mum putting up with men behaving badly! (Hope my sons don't read that!) Tony looks like Harry Potter in his specs! On the subject of your SE. You are keeping fit; looking good; committed to your personal growth, work and family; great sense of humour; awe and wonder for God's creation; awareness of the blessings in your life; you show warmth and sensitivity towards fellow humans. Do justly, love mercy, walk humbly?-you tick the boxes Marty. One of the lessons of Love is loving yourself as well as loving God and your neighbour. We each have a spark worth kindling and keeping alight. your light glows bright on this blog, thanks for all the kindling!

Saturday 19 August 2006 - 11:29AM (BST)


You are such a party animal Marty! Go Marty go Marty!
I think you are very brave to be so open about your life and times in your blog, I just don't have the courage to be as open, there is still a part of me that wants to keep me private in my blog!

:o)

Hugs as ever

steph (dormouse)

Saturday 19 August 2006 - 02:24PM (BST)


Do an 'Only Fools and Horses' blog! Pretty please!

Sunday 20 August 2006 - 12:46AM (VUT)


Sorry to hear about the low self esteem, Marty. I have no advice as to how to cope with that being a sufferer, to some extent, myself.

People are always surprised when they meet me that I do feel that way ..... but I do.

Sunday 20 August 2006 - 10:33AM (BST)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home