This Page

has been moved to new address

All settled

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: All settled

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

All settled

Hi folks,
Everything seems to be working out well for me so far this year. I feel I'm really settling into the new job nicely. I've been getting some positive feedback. It's great to get that and helps no end with confidence. It's great to be able to get home every evening and to have every weekend off.

I got another amusing little story to share with you all. Those of you that read my scribbles regularly will catch on to my habit of occasional visits to the local pub for a pint and a chit chat with the locals. I really like my local pub, mainly due to the interesting characters that are there. Here's a little funny from last evening:-

I was chatting to my pal George. A really great guy in his sixties with lots of opinions on the world and a good sport when I joke around and tease him. George likes to make some controversial remarks from time to time. The pub landlord and his partner have been together for a couple of years, but are not married.
Says George to Kath " 'scuse me for asking and all that but isn't it about time you and Pete settled down?"
A sudden, tense silence falls upon proceedings for a few seconds. I said "C'mon George, it's only quarter to nine. It's a bit early for all that!"

Cue peels of laughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home