This Page

has been moved to new address

Make space for Inspiration

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: Make space for Inspiration

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Make space for Inspiration

So here we are at all the "ones" - 1.1.11

After a late night playing our New Years Eve gig last night, I didn't get to bed until 3am this morning and I've had a lie in as expected. 

Switching on my PC, my thoughts drifted to writing a blog today. For a while I considered giving it a miss because there wasn't a subject that immediately came to mind. I just thought, if I'm going to do this, I need some inspiration. And there it was, the title for today's article. So I set about the writing, suddenly feeling inspired.

So what is inspiration?

For me, it is something that generates excitement and energy. I feel "at one" with myself. 
I feel creative.
I feel emotionally connected to others. 
I feel positive.
I feel confident.
I have clear direction and focus.
I'm far less distracted. 


Inspiration doesn't just happen. I believe that we need to make room for it. If we have a life full of emotional clutter, then it is all too easy to get distracted. Emotional clutter drains energy. Effectively, we have no room in our minds to consider how to move forward with new ideas. We become fragmented in relation to the world around us. If this is you right now or if it is something that occurs from time to time, I highly recommend that you consider taking on some counselling or therapy to help de-clutter and tidy your emotions. 


Once you have space for inspiration, the road ahead is clear. Unlike being stuck in a frustrating traffic jam, there is now room to see ahead. You can gather speed with confidence and see where you are going. The road signs are visible and you can choose your direction. 


I've drawn inspiration from many sources in the past. Some are words and poems such as the very famous Rudyard Kipling's "If". 
I've been moved by other items of wisdom such as The interview with God. 
Photographs of sunrises and sunsets such as the one at the top of this blog entry brighten my mind. 
Music, art, books, films, nature and the universe itself are all great sources of inspiration. 


We have a new year and it's always a time for opportunity. I'm suggesting that you make a decision to choose your future. Whatever is going on for you in your life right now, be aware that you have the gift of choosing how you feel about it. Seek help where you need to. All humanity is linked. We have compassion for others. It's natural. We can choose to use that compassion to help each other. If we didn't, we would simply be isolated beings with no connection to the world around us. 


If you feel able to, I ask you to consider what inspires you.
How does that make you feel?
Can you feel energy and motivation enter your psyche?
What can you see ahead of you?
What creative thoughts come to your mind? 


This is an exercise you might want to write down. Try to record your answers on a sheet of paper. See where is takes you. Give yourself permission to write down whatever comes into your mind when doing this. Nobody is going to see it unless you choose to let them. There are no rules or guidelines to what you choose to write. Even if you can't think of anything, it is perfectly acceptable to write "I don't know" or "I can't see anything". Whatever it is, write it down. By doing so, you create space in your mind for fresh thoughts. That is simply proof that it works.


I started this blog today with the thought of one word. "Inspiration". I had no real clear idea of where it was going other than having faith that as I write, I clear the clutter in my mind and fresh ideas come flowing through. 


I wish you all an inspirational, creative and positive 2011. After such a good 2010, I'm looking forward to a fantastic 2011 where I fully believe in the opportunities I have to continue to enjoy life to its full. 
Becoming more successful with my band "Beggars Belief".
Developing and designing my own life coaching material.
I can choose to develop an opportunity to run seminars on this material. 
The amazing amount of material available to read will help in my continued self development. 


Marty


Here's another guy I've found on youtube that inspired me. 





Final words, as the words of our song say "Free yourself, Freely"

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home