This Page

has been moved to new address

Will you take part in an experiment I'm setting up?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: Will you take part in an experiment I'm setting up?

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Will you take part in an experiment I'm setting up?

Yes, this is my second blog of the day and not something I usually do. I prefer to set blogs as one per day, but I feel a little intrigued and excited about something I've come up with.
This will take no more than half an hour of your time.

Here is what you need: -

  1. An A4 sheet of paper and a pen.
  2. An envelope.
  3. Use of a calendar or diary.
  4. A lit candle and a coin, or something that will make an impression. (not strictly necessary) 
Now the instructions: -

Write your full name and today's date at the top of the sheet of paper. 


VERY IMPORTANT!
Do NOT share the following content you write with anybody.

You might want to imagine interviewing a little version of yourself sitting opposite you as you carry out the exercise, recording the answers.

  • Write down up to 7 things you love to do.
  • Write down  up to 7 career goals or jobs you would love to do.
  • Write down up to 7, of your best talents (Don't be shy!)
  • Write down up to 7 things people say you are good at.
  • Write down up to 7 things you want to learn.
  • Write down up to 7 things you want to leave behind in your life.


Don't worry if you can't think of 7 things in each case. Just put down as much as you can manage. With regard to your talents (that I'm guessing some of you may find difficult) be aware that talents may be the very simple things in life such as being able to cook a meal or make a drink or being a good friend to somebody. 

If you can think of more than 7 things in each case, write down the 7 FIRST things that come into your head. Don't change them!

When you have done this, put it in an envelope, write your name on it and write "Open on 1st July 2011".
Seal the envelope and sign across the fold. 


If you have a lit candle, drip the candle wax across the fold of the envelope and make an impression with something like a coin or ideally something that is precious to you. A ring perhaps. Be careful with the lit candle!


Place the envelope in a safe place hidden away somewhere.


Write in your diary or calendar an entry for 1st July 2011 reminding you to open your envelope. Ensure you record the safe place you have stored it.  


You may be wondering why I have asked you not to share the content with anyone. This is deliberate because I want you to ensure that you are not influenced by how you may perceive others may judge what you have written. It must not be influenced by any other outside influence. This will help you to get in touch with your true self. 


Please feel free to share this experimental exercise with your friends and contacts, encouraging them to take part in the experiment too. You have permission to send a link to this blog if you wish.


On the 1st July 2011. I would like you to share your thoughts on what you wrote today. Please send me your feedback via the comments section on my blog. 


I assure you that I have just done this exercise for myself this afternoon and I too will open my envelope and share my thoughts.


My blog is called "Living Life in Chapters" so this is a way of assessing a chapter in our lives. 


Thank you in advance for giving this a go. 


Blessings




Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home