This Page

has been moved to new address

What can you do with Feedback?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: What can you do with Feedback?

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Friday, February 04, 2011

What can you do with Feedback?

Image courtesy of http://www.flickr.com/photos/lost__in__spain/2575314016/
Day 4 of Steve Aitchison's Mind Alchemy and I'm really fired up after today's exercise! 

Writing a personal mission or vision statement is something I've tried to do before fairly recently but I'd say it has lack a little clarity. Today however, and with the timely intervention of 2 endorsements on the facebook application "Branchout" (one from Steve Aitchison himself)  the other from Matt Brown whom I met for a cuppa thanks to his invite the other day. 
I've been able to write something really meaningful as a result of feedback received.

Writing positively about oneself is quite a difficult thing to do and takes practice. There is the sense that we somehow want to be objective. What better way to get round this than to use the words gifted to us by the feedback of others! It then become authentic. 

If you get some inspiring feedback from someone, it is one thing to accept it and be grateful for it, but what are you going to do with it? If you do nothing, it will become stale and simply fade away. 


MAKE USE of the feedback to improve your life in  dramatic way. It is arguably the best gift you can get from somebody. I'm telling you this because this has become a true realisation for me literally since I got home from work today, switched on my PC and saw the feedback I received! 

I'm now going to share with you my mission/vision statement based on the work I've done for Mind Alchemy day 4.


My infectious and upbeat attitude, enthusiasm and drive, coupled with the learning and creative material I have produced will make a considerable difference to the lives of the clients that choose to work with me. My business will increase to earning a real significant part time income over the coming year of at least £500 per month profit by the end of 2011. I will also become a lead motivational speaker within the organisation with a conference of over 500 delegates who will be inspired by my infectious and upbeat attitude driven by integrity. 

My tenacious and patient attitude toward steadily building and increasing my network in my professional and personal life will increase opportunities to get recognition in my full time job (thereby receiving relevant remuneration) and will enable me to set up my own part time coaching business earning me additional, supplementary income. 

The Band I Play for: 
The presence of Beggars' Belief and the bands unique sound and truly live performance will become increasingly popular. The use of innovative promotional techniques to promote the band through it's fan base will spread the popularity. The band will perform at least once via radio and/or TV media by the end of 2011 earning national and international recognition. The upbeat, inspiring and positive music that is full of the realism of life experience in the written song lyrics will bring a positive attitude in the UK nation and beyond. 

By setting up a regular running regime and increasing my fitness during 2011, I will enter a marathon during the year to raise funds for a charitable cause of my choice.
 
 I truly believe that the music written by the band I'm in has the potential to be amazingly successful. The lyrics in the songs really do mean something. 
Take a listen to one of our country numbers "Grace". 
If you are seeking truth in your life, you'll not go far wrong be being inspired by what is sung here. Credit to Paul, Joe and the gang. 

 
 

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • Hi Marty, absolutely loved the track - "we do too much talking, we need to find some Grace". Spot on. Thanks for sharing your personal vision statements - I wasn't that brave :-( Would love to hear more of Beggars' Belief and yes, I agree that you are destined to greater things and to at least inspire many, many people. Cheers. Stephen

    By Anonymous Stephen, at Fri Feb 04, 08:43:00 PM GMT  

  • Brilliant, inspirational blog, Marty! Wow, you have gone a long way since I first met you on 360. You are a teacher. Thank you. The world is a better place with you in it.
    DiGi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Feb 04, 08:45:00 PM GMT  

  • @ Stephen I'm so pleased you get it Stephen. Grace is one of my favourite tracks that we play (albeit I don't actually play on this one, trombone timeout!) There are some more tracks on our web page http://beggarsbeliefband.blogspot.com and that links to our facebook page and Reverbnation. Thank you for your support.

    By Blogger Marty BoneIdol, at Fri Feb 04, 08:50:00 PM GMT  

  • @ DiGi. Yes, a lot has happened. I loved the 360 days. It was a process a went through. I miss a lot of the friends I had there and I wonder what those I've lost contact with are doing now. A teacher! Now that's praise indeed.

    By Blogger Marty BoneIdol, at Fri Feb 04, 08:52:00 PM GMT  

Post a Comment



<< Home