This Page

has been moved to new address

22nd August 2006

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: 22nd August 2006

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Monday, October 08, 2007

22nd August 2006

Not quite the full ticket today
258 magnify
Hi Folks,

I've been suffering a few mood swings in the last few days. Been up and down like the proverbial yoyo. I think my brain has been overheating a bit. There is no real reason for this, which is always the most frustrating part. As I said to a friend earlier, its a case of being Churchillian about it and "Keep Buggering On".

I've been a bit frustrated at not being able to hard wire network my new PC with the old one (this was my intention to solve the demand over internet access in the house). For some reason, I keep getting told there is no network cable attached despite the fact it is! The cable could be faulty, but I just can't be bothered to get it checked. The old PC needs a fresh install anyway.
This blog is going "round the houses" to get to the fact that I looked at some archived documents on an old CD today and found some stuff I wrote back in 2001when I worked in Bromley.
So.... I thought I'd share that for now... at least part of it and maybe share some more at a later date. This is from my commuting days when we still had slam door trains: -

Bromley South Station

This is a regular occurrence. It happens almost every morning!

As I bundle off the train at eight forty a.m. and approach the steps, the station attendant blows his whistle to signify the train will leave for Victoria. This produces a storm of people running down the steps in an attempt to board the train at the last minute. The station attendant usually lets one or two people on, but this merely makes those still at the top of the steps run even faster in a blind panic. The whistle is then blown again in a form of finality. As the train begins to move, the station attendant shouts, “Stand away”. Those “I couldn’t possibly be late for work” people purposefully ignore this. “STAND AWAY!” shouts the attendant again, followed by a loud “PHUT” and screech of brakes as the train grinds to a halt. Passengers get their way, much to the infuriation of the station attendant, glaring. Under normal circumstances, these completely sensible people who always look both ways when crossing the road, glance back with a hurt, “What did I do wrong?” look on their faces.

Bromley High Street

Beware all shoppers and office workers on their lunch break. All manner of market researchers and, “gonna make you feel really guilty” environmentalist will descend upon you and invade your space. It’s no good looking down and pretending to cross the other side of the pedestrian area. These people are well trained in covering all areas. I once fell victim to one of the people whilst trying to eat a Mc Donald’s. Frankly, I didn’t have to energy to run away or think of a lame excuse, so I agreed to answer all the probing questions about my domestic fuel suppliers. When this guy had apologised for disturbing my lunch break and thanking me for my time, I foolishly signed the sheet of paper on his clipboard, only to discover when reading my copy back at the office, I had signed for my gas, and electricity to be supplied by some Outer Mongolian supplier who promised to save me around £3 a year on my domestic bills! I promptly phoned the company involved and exercised my right to cancel.

I have resolved to get revenge on this plague of nuisances who invade shopping high streets. I’m going to stand in the street chasing these people demanding that they interview me, then when its time for them to finish their days work and pack their clipboard up to return home, I’ll approach them demanding to change my answer to question 4, “Do you consider the service provided by your local restaurant (contents of the salad cart in relation to a) access b) quantity c) flavour d) compliment to your meal, as: 1. excellent, 2. very good, 3. satisfactory, 4. neither satisfactory nor good, 5. slightly less than satisfactory, 6. mostly less than satisfactory, 7. not so good, 8. poor? & please provide your reasons in the space provided”. Please change my answer to a tick in box 5 instead of box 4. Not only will it piss them off, but also it will cause them to avoid “that mad guy who walks up Bromley High Street every day!


Comments

(7 total)

{{{HUG}}} hope this helps some, I know it's not much but it's given with all the best to you!
Just keep smilin! x

Tuesday 22 August 2006 - 02:58PM (BST)


I want to say thanks for the comment on my blog! I hope that you get to feeling better soon. We all go through times when we just don't feel right.

Tuesday 22 August 2006 - 05:06PM (EEST)


Chin up marty matey, I know how you feel and hope your feeling a bit better by the time you read this.

Tuesday 22 August 2006 - 03:59PM (BST)


Just take time to be kind to yourself - in this moment your body knows what it needs, so please please learn to listen to it - if its sleep then sleep, if its music then music, if its marmite on toast with honey - go for it. Do what feels right. Yes you do deserve it!

hugs

steph

Tuesday 22 August 2006 - 04:29PM (BST)


By the way where did you get that picture of me ?

Tuesday 22 August 2006 - 05:41PM (BST)


It is somewhat frusrating when we cannot explain our moods or anxieties, I sympathise as I too often have these episodes, just take it easy and try not to focus on it to much.
I always enjoy your posts and i think you have a certain art for putting your day or feelings or whatever into words, the piece you wrote in 2001 was great I want to read more, the way you monologue is so addictive it draws you in just can't help but read on! hope you post some more
OOh got to say you made me blush with the enya thing! Made my day though, I have to say.
Well take care (eagerly awaiting your next post my friend) x

Tuesday 22 August 2006 - 05:53PM (BST)


(((HUGS))) Marty~I do go through the same thing and it hurts deep inside..but remember..the happiness ALWAYS returns.Love you my friend...:)

Tuesday 22 August 2006 - 01:06PM (PDT)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home