This Page

has been moved to new address

28th August 2006

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: 28th August 2006

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

28th August 2006

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I've been totally bowled over this morning by Sankaran's blog (who has been writing tributes to other bloggers). Had me in tears this morning... those warm comforting tears that encapsulate the heart and the soul. Thank you Sankaran, for you kindness and selflessness.

The other part of my morning has been somewhat different involving a ding dong with the Missus over missing paperwork and a mis-understanding. Currently, Chris is in mega sulk mode and she is winning. I can't be bothered with the stress involved with sulk tennis today so I'm just gonna get on with Monday as it is.



Went to see the village carnival yesterday afternoon. Sadly so local youth decided it would be fun the throw eggs, one of which hit Chris and myself. I know these guys are just having a joke, but haven't learned boundaries yet and took it too far. Sunsequently, someone spotted them and the police came and spoke to them. Oh well, maybe I'll pick 'em up on the Youth Offending Team one day for some reparation. Image

Some scribblings to share today... Another amusing little experience from Marty's recent past......

Tony and the church

nar‧co‧lep‧sy 

a condition characterized by frequent and uncontrollable periods of deep sleep.

Tony is a very good friend and colleague of mine. He has been a Christian for many years. A man with passion for Jesus, he can definitely be described as an Evangelist. Tony also has a hobby as a ventriloquist and has used this talent with his preaching quite successfully. A "Tony and Gregory" show does go down quite well, although I'd say he is to ventriloquism what Tommy Cooper was to conjouring. In fact I have named him an “Evantriloquist”.

Now Tony doesn't drive and occasionally asks me to run him around for various little church related things. One particular weekend, Tony was due to preach in Essex and he asked me if I'd take him. This particular place of worship was a little “Assemblies of God, Full Gospel Church” that had a small and somewhat quirky congregation. I'd been used to going to Charasmatic churches but this was quite interesting and different. There were no musicians, so singing was all unacompanied. Tony was due to preach at both the morning and evening services. We were invited to dinner with the pastor in between.

I'd noticed during the morning service a little lady in a wheelchair. She had no legs and brought her knitting with her. During the service, periodically he head would drop forward and someone behind her would nudge her, to which she gave a thumbs up and continued knitting... until it happened again! This lady was at the evening service too.

During that service, Tony did his alter call and asked anyone if they would like prayer for healing and the like. He walked down the isle attending to folk as he went. When he asked this lady if she wanted prayer for anything she said “Yes, I suffer from Narcolepsy”. I saw Tony's eyes mist over for a moment and feared what was about to happen. “Oh, whats that?” he asked to which the lady replied “Its a sleeping disorder”. Needless to say, Tony laid hands and this lady and prayed “Lord, I pray that you help this lady to sleep.” Image

There will be more stories to come over the coming days. I have a fairly long and sad one that I'm in the process of writing, I'll break it into parts when I post it.

After Sankaran's post, I might write more about Paul too.


Comments

(14 total)

The William Orbit arrangement of this music is one of my favourite pieces of music of all time (I have cut it and made it my mobile phone ring in the past LOL) - but I just love the accompanying video you found for it.

Monday 28 August 2006 - 11:18AM (BST)


Hi Marty matey, hey nice pic thats the best one of you yet ! More seriously I had a little glance at sankarans blog, very nice. Ok you two stop sulking and arguing and make up, lifes too short for that kind of crap, you know its true marty matey.

Monday 28 August 2006 - 11:49AM (BST)


I love reading Sankaran's blogs and this was indeed a wonderful tribute to you my friend and I bless him for writing it.
LOVED the scribblings today!! I know I always do, but this touched me and tickled me pink!! A real tonic. Thanks Marty, bless ya sweetie. xx

Monday 28 August 2006 - 11:51AM (BST)


thanks for the Barber, its one of my most favourite pieces of music even tho its horrendously sad when its just strings. Always makes me cry.Have seen that video on classic fm tv and christopher loves it too. beethovens moonlight sonata is another one if you can find it!

Monday 28 August 2006 - 01:17PM (BST)


Marty, Marty, Marty, I dont know if being in Australia is my problem, but all I learned from todays scribble, was the lady in a wheelchair loved her sleep,and the lousy bastard behind disliked her snoring.nyuk nyuk nyuk.
Hey, I love your writings, keep them up, and ignore my crappy comments, coz I'm in need of some serious medication today, but refusing to take it at the moment......

Monday 28 August 2006 - 05:18AM (PDT)


I went and read Sankaran's blog and it was very nice! You truly are a wonderful person and I count myself lucky to be amongst your friends!

Monday 28 August 2006 - 03:53PM (EEST)


I learned about your blog through Sankaran and I must say once again he has wonderful taste. That was a great story about that woman at church. I'm going to "borrow" it and tell it to my mother, she'll get a kick out of telling her church friends that one.

Monday 28 August 2006 - 09:10AM (CDT)


Marty old chap, if we each write about each other we might just about short circuit Yahoo! 360 ? Sankaran is doing a great job..

Monday 28 August 2006 - 08:11PM (IST)


What a beautiful peice of music.....It can almost make you cry.

Monday 28 August 2006 - 09:49AM (CDT)


Marty I love this music; its one of the pieces that transformed me! I'll write about it one day. Thanks for sharing!

Monday 28 August 2006 - 05:54PM (BST)


Evantriloquist?? Great idea!! Wonder if that will make it into the OED?
Loved the story about Tony and the narcoleptic.....I knew what was coming, but was laughing anyway.......
The Barber piece is terrific, although i prefer the "beatless" chillout version. The video was interesting. Was it the original vid for the music or did u find it somewhere else?? It and the music seem to me something of a tribute to Koyaanisqatsi, probably the most awesome audio/visual experience ever (highly recommended if you haven't already seen it)

Tuesday 29 August 2006 - 01:13AM (BST)


Hi Marty! I jumped to your page from Sankaran's post, and am so happy that I did. Love the story of the little lady in the wheelchair, and the video is just awesome! Thanks for sharing, and I will be back to read more of your works. {{Huggss}}

Tuesday 29 August 2006 - 11:41AM (EDT)


Thank god I have been to this page and thanks Shankaran

Wednesday 20 September 2006 - 11:53AM (IST)


Actually this is Ferry Corsten's remix of Adagio for Strings which he did for William Orbit. It's my favourite, I actually prefer it over the one Tiesto did a few years later.

Sunday 28 January 2007 - 02:59PM (PST)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home