This Page

has been moved to new address

31st August 2006

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: 31st August 2006

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

31st August 2006

Ya know, I kinda knew what I wanted to post this morning. I got to (almost) the end and yahoo 360 went down, so I lost it all (LOL). Here goes with another try (prepared on word so I don’t lose it this time.

It amazes me now to see my kids embrace their friends. I wish I could have done that at their age. I grew up in the 70’s. The reason I believe folk were not so tactile then was because it was post 60’s flower power when all the lovey dovey stuff was out of fashion. I’m naturally a tactile person, so it was hard not to behave naturally. If I’d done it then, I’d have been labelled a poof. I guess it may have been harder because I went to an all boys’ school which had some fairly rough lads there. Bullying was prevalent and brushed under the carpet by the teachers most of the time. I was a small slight lad, a little immature as well so I got bullied a fair amount. I didn’t fight back due to my vivid imagination. I feared being hurt.

My kids always embrace their friends when the see them. Like the TV programme, today’s kids are influenced by that programme where its ok to hug each other. My son has never come home talking of fights or of even ever getting into one. I never really watched “friends” on TV but from what I did see, it was/is good stuff.



Now a short scribbling.....

Remember floppy disks when they really were floppy?

Going back to around 1989 when I worked as a shipping agent in Ramsgate, the I was on night shift with wanted to play a game on the pc. I gave him the 5 and a half inch floppy disk (yes, they where that size back then) and carried popped over to another shipping office to do an errand.About 10 mins later I returned. My colleaugue had not managed to load the game or even put the disk in the drive. He said to me "How do you get it out of the packet?"



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home