This Page

has been moved to new address

6th September 2006

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: 6th September 2006

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Thursday, October 11, 2007

6th September 2006

Well, here I am on my last night shift for the week. Its quiet now so I've been doing some more of my "scribblings" for later blogs and thought I'd share one with you anyway. Its funny that I call them "scribblings" because I'm actually typing the stuff!

As usual, I've hunted for a suitable image to put with the blog using Google images and a random key word. I came across the above pic. (which I think is Montana) and liked it.

The lads have been ok tonight and in jovial mood, however, thats partly because some of them had been out drinking earlier. Alcohol is banned on the premises, but we can't stop what they do outside. Fortunately, there were no problems as a result. Here is my scribbling for tonight....

Marty’s obsession with accents – The unmistakable word of God?

Here’s another little story (not witnessed by myself, I might add but recalled to be by my good friend Alan) about the way words and an accent can be mis-interpreted. This may be a made up story or something already well known. All the same, I still found it funny.

Alan was travelling on the train to London one day and, as you do, dozed off for a little while due to the gentle rocking of the carriages. There came a point when Alan jumped awake. The Afro-Caribbean guard suddenly and loudly announced through the speakers “Goood afternooon ladiezz and gentlemen, these eez your God speaking”. Needless to say, Alan having just awoken, almost gained a faith!

Take care folks.... Thanks for all your wonderful comments on my blogs. I treasure them all. You've all been very kind and friendly


Comments

(22 total)

I have actually seen the scene in the picture, and it is that beautiful, Marty!!

Well, my line is usually "Kneel before your Goddess!" which I say to Superman in one of his films, but he just laughs at me. Why, oh why, doesn't anyone take me seriously????

Have a good weekend!!!

Tuesday 5 September 2006 - 06:25PM (PDT)


Quite possible it's true. The "funny things people say" items in my blogs are all genuine ones heard at work by either myself or my colleagues.

Wednesday 6 September 2006 - 02:29AM (BST)


That's cute! I think I would have been shocked as well!

Wednesday 6 September 2006 - 07:29AM (EEST)


Marty, old son,
You have inspired an old fishijg story I was tols by an Englishman, returning from holidays in Canada.....
So, go to my blog layta, and have a laugh.

Wednesday 6 September 2006 - 01:07AM (PDT)


love the story Marty! Can imagine the look on your friends face when he awoke and heard that announcement!!
You take care too and we only recipricate what we get from reading your blogs Marty.x

Wednesday 6 September 2006 - 09:59AM (BST)


This is your god speaking ! we are sure he didnt actually mean that are we ? he may have had some sort of deity complex or summat.Anyway funny story Marty matey I can just imagine your friends face.

Wednesday 6 September 2006 - 10:45AM (BST)


Just to clarify folks. What he actually said was "Guard". With the Afro Carribean accent, it juts sounded like God LOL

Wednesday 6 September 2006 - 11:33AM (BST)


Hei Marty.

FUNNY. Hilarious even. And does happen so easily with all of us speaking the English tis way and tat way! Take care. =)))

Wednesday 6 September 2006 - 01:16PM (CEST)


Wednesday 6 September 2006 - 01:21PM (CEST)

Mabel C was rendered speechless!!! lol

Wednesday 6 September 2006 - 01:03PM (BST)


Marty your blogs are great to read! And I for one can understand how accents can sound funny to those of who are not used to them. I get the mick alot of times when I say "Donnor Kabab" when I say it,it sounds like "Donna Kabob".
keep the faith Marty and keep smilin! x

Wednesday 6 September 2006 - 01:34PM (BST)

Mabel, as Mitch has said, it appears we have lost any comments you were going to say. I'd love to know your thoughts on this blog... ooer. Thanks Mitch for your humour!

Wednesday 6 September 2006 - 02:51PM (BST)


Nice to meet you Marty

Wednesday 6 September 2006 - 03:25PM (BST)


and how do u say 'huh'?...colonel, i'm on the prowl...

Wednesday 6 September 2006 - 10:43PM (IST)


WOW I think that pic of the montana mountain is one of the mountains in the area that I just spent this past weekend :) I love it! But then everyone knows by now how much I love the mountains :D
Just want to say that I really enjoy reading your "scribblings". I come by every day to read what you might have to say next. And your story of Maria so touched my heart! thanks for sharing your heart with us. That takes courage!

Wednesday 6 September 2006 - 01:54PM (PDT)


Yeah-ur right bout da accent, I'm from the West Indies and I'm always being asked to repeat myself-went to Ireland last Nov. and erryone thought I was sayin some obscencinity when I asked how long was da bus ride ta 'CORK'.........wen we say Gaurd it does sound like GOD...lol loll lol-but dat story a urs is soooo funny man!

Wednesday 6 September 2006 - 07:06PM (EDT)


Yeah-ur right bout da accent, I'm from the West Indies and I'm always being asked to repeat myself-went to Ireland last Nov. and erryone thought I was sayin some obscencinity when I asked how long was da bus ride ta 'CORK'.........wen we say Gaurd it does sound like GOD...lol loll lol-but dat story a urs is soooo funny man!

Wednesday 6 September 2006 - 07:06PM (EDT)


Opps sorry bout da double post dere-ene kno how dat one gone...

Wednesday 6 September 2006 - 07:07PM (EDT)


Not alot I can say without sounding repetative, 19th comment is not a good place to be!!! I could have got 16th if STORMEE hadn't gone nuts with her reply!! 15th even, if MABEL C had realised she had lost her voice before sending her picture!!! LOL.

Another great blog mate, cheers. Andy.

Thursday 7 September 2006 - 01:00AM (BST)


well, personally mate,i havent godda probs unnastandin wen peeple saies they thing, but hay, i jus wish dey all lern to talk bluddy englishhhhh, ya no wot ah meen?

Wednesday 6 September 2006 - 05:20PM (PDT)


dat is nice......cheers manz

Thursday 7 September 2006 - 08:04AM (IST)


Brilliant -- I was in need of something to perk me up and this causd me to laugh out loud - real funny - Take care

Thursday 7 September 2006 - 10:30AM (BST)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home