This Page

has been moved to new address

Brits obsession with the weather

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: Brits obsession with the weather

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Brits obsession with the weather

It's raining hard outside at the moment. I've just dropped my daughter round to corner to go to her dance class. Already, the roads are beginning to flood. What is it with the UK in that the proverbial raindrop or snowflake seems to cause panic and anxiety in those us "the stiff upper lip" variety?
We are well known for opening conversations with strangers by commenting upon the weather. It's always either too hot, too cold, too sticky, too windy too wet, too dry etc. etc. It seems British media devote loads of broadcasting to the weather. I read somewhere a few years ago, a funny news report.
"We are unable to bring you the weather forecast today due to the weather. Whether we are able to bring you the weather forecast tomorrow, depends upon the weather!"

The picture with this blog reminds me of my ambivalence (a word I frequently use now following work training on motivational interviewing). I really need to get up on the roof and sort out my blocked guttering. You see, we just can't cope with extreme weather in this country, unlike the rest of the world. Still, acknowledging of my ambivalence is good for self awareness and may perhaps spur me in to action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home