This Page

has been moved to new address

Choosing our reality

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog: Choosing our reality

Marty's "Living life in chapters" A self development blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Choosing our reality

"Welcome To The Real World, eh?"

attribution: Jon Bragg

This blog is a reaction to Day 18 of Mind Alchemy “My reality is not your reality”. Steven made an excellent analogy in his post regarding the movie “The Matrix”. It is a film I chose to watch in it fullness only a couple of weeks ago.

When I have experienced an emotion, I generally think of it as something that that I passively receive. I've been challenged today in Mind Alchemy to.... lets see …... I'll describe it as “change the polarity” of the process.

I've read quite a bit relating to this subject recently. Today's exercise of running a movie in our minds of passed experiences for a specific process brought in a lot of emotion that felt uncomfortable. When it is uncomfortable, it feels like I am passively receiving it. Gradually, as I worked through the process, that feeling of discomfort lessened a little.

Running these movies about old experiences has for me had quite a negative effect in the past. I find the discomfort difficult to handle. It has pulled me down into depression when I think back to those episodes. The more I fought to reject these “movies” the more they came. I now realise that there is a reason for this. Click here to read the rest.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home